Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on painting my calipers over thanksgiving break so i'm trying to gather all the items i need so i can get to work right away once the break starts. I am wondering if i can find VHT break cleaner and VHT caliper paint locally like at walmart or autozone or something, or is it only available online because not many people use it? Also is 1 spray can enough for all 4 calipers? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Autozone has it, well the one in my home town has several colors. Just call and check for color avil. Ive noticed they also sell a prep package like wire brush and decal set.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I would say avoid the spray stuff and buy G2 paint. Buy it here.

It is more expensive than the spray, but that's what happens when you buy quality.
The G2 comes with brake cleaning spray. Buy a wire brush for thorough cleaning. Also buy foam brushes fr applying the paint. It is MUCH better than using the small brush the kit comes with.

When applying your paint, you don't need to tape off your rotors like this:

Instead, grab a plastic grocery bag, put it around your rotor and tuck it under the caliper. Then you can tape off the areas on the caliper that you don't want to paint.

Good luck! Stick with G2!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i'm really limited on money right now so i won't be able to get the G-2 paint. So spending 3 times more isn't an option for me. Anyways thanks for the help guys, i'm gonna call autozone tommorow maybe or stop by sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
940 Posts
well i'm really limited on money right now so i won't be able to get the G-2 paint. So spending 3 times more isn't an option for me. Anyways thanks for the help guys, i'm gonna call autozone tommorow maybe or stop by sometime this weekend.
[/b]
If money is that tight, why not hold off on painting your brakes? :nana:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts