Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I just bought the megan springs for my ms6. Has anyone installed springs yet? Would someone like to help me out?[/b]

I will help you as it should be the same as the mazda6 and i had some on my mazda 6s before i got the speed.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I am about to get my MazdaSpeeds installed on my 6i soon. I know you have to drop the front subframe to get the front ones in, but that's about all I know about it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I am about to get my MazdaSpeeds installed on my 6i soon. I know you have to drop the front subframe to get the front ones in, but that's about all I know about it.[/b]

UMMMM i don't remember dropping a subframe when i did my front springs.....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
anyone have a garage?[/b]

i think that it is supposed to be warm this saturday so why not saturday??

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
i think that it is supposed to be warm this saturday so why not saturday??[/b]
Rain all day Saturday the weather says. I'd love to come, but I work on Saturdays until at least 5pm. :tear:

PS I also have Racing Beat front/rear sways to install.

I was told the subframe had to be dropped by my mechanic who used to work on my PT Cruiser all the time. He also told me $700 total for the install, which is why the stuff's sitting in my living room right now. :sarc:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Rain all day Saturday the weather says. I'd love to come, but I work on Saturdays until at least 5pm. :tear:

PS I also have Racing Beat front/rear sways to install.

I was told the subframe had to be dropped by my mechanic who used to work on my PT Cruiser all the time. He also told me $700 total for the install, which is why the stuff's sitting in my living room right now. :sarc:[/b]
Yeah, the front is a bear to install. $700 for springs and sway bars install is WAY too much. I got my front and rear sways installed for $200 total. Springs shouldn't cost that much more.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Yeah, the front is a bear to install. $700 for springs and sway bars install is WAY too much. I got my front and rear sways installed for $200 total. Springs shouldn't cost that much more.[/b]
I can get it all installed for $375, but I have a buddy who's gonna help me do it within the next couple of weeks, or else maybe get a group together.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think we should have a group spring install.[/b]

well if you guys want to bring it to my house i can whip out the air compressor and do both of them for you guys for 400. i have the spring compressor and the air compressor.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Whoa Charles $400?? lapis said someone could hook him up for $375...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Whoa Charles $400?? lapis said someone could hook him up for $375...[/b]
Actually J, 2 of us asked so that's $400 for both. The dealer will do it for $375 each. I got it taken care of already though, but thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Paul,

I got a shop here that is doing mine for $150. He did my MSP springs, and my brother in law's Altima SER springs. Does a good job. Alot cheaper! I can hook you up if you want. Let me know.

Dave

Actually J, 2 of us asked so that's $400 for both. The dealer will do it for $375 each. I got it taken care of already though, but thanks for the offer.[/b]

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I got a shop here that is doing mine for $150. He did my MSP springs, and my brother in law's Altima SER springs. Does a good job. Alot cheaper! I can hook you up if you want. Let me know.[/b]
I have springs and stabilizer bars to add though, which is why it cost more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.