Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided that the 2010 Mazda 6 SV manual transmission is the best mid size new car I can afford to buy and a dealer in town has advertised this car or the Sport version at $14,995. To get the $14,995 you need to prove you are a current Mazda dealer. If not, add $500 and you are at $15,500. I kind of expect once I get to the dealer he will add several other hidden fees that were not in the fine print of the advertisement. The dealer is Bommarito of St. Louis. Does anyone know if this is one of those too good to be true deals? I'm not sure they can sell one below $17,500 ( a quote I got on the internet from a Columbia, Mo. dealer). Also, there are very few manual transmission Mazda 6 2010 cars anywhere in the midwest. How do I keep the Dealer honest if he has advertised this for $14,995? I guess I can walk away and get a used car somewhere.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have decided that the 2010 Mazda 6 SV manual transmission is the best mid size new car I can afford to buy and a dealer in town has advertised this car or the Sport version at $14,995. To get the $14,995 you need to prove you are a current Mazda dealer. If not, add $500 and you are at $15,500. I kind of expect once I get to the dealer he will add several other hidden fees that were not in the fine print of the advertisement. The dealer is Bommarito of St. Louis. Does anyone know if this is one of those too good to be true deals? I'm not sure they can sell one below $17,500 ( a quote I got on the internet from a Columbia, Mo. dealer). Also, there are very few manual transmission Mazda 6 2010 cars anywhere in the midwest. How do I keep the Dealer honest if he has advertised this for $14,995? I guess I can walk away and get a used car somewhere.
Just be prepared to walk away if they cannot make a deal that you find acceptable.
That $14,995 price is fairly common. They've been advertising at or around that price in the Star-Telegram for awhile.

Or see if you can find a leftover new 2010 Hyundai Sonata. The Hyundai dealer here can't keep the 2011s in stock while the 2010s are languishing in the corner. If this holds true where you live you might be able to undercut that $15K mark by quite a bit. Don't know if you can get a manual on those though. B&M was allegedly involved in the manufacture of the shifter on the Sonata but I have yet to actually see one in person.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
B&M and the Hyundai Sonata? Whodathink!! I would expect them to at least be involved with the Genesis
I had to look but I knew I remembered reading it somewhere: :lol:

The SE is the sporty Sonata, coming with either the 4-cylinder or the V-6 engine. The SE includes a B&M Racing shifter with the manual transmission;
2009 Hyundai Sonata Preview | J.D. Power

Damn...I may have to go bargain hunting for leftover Sonatas now.

NAHHHHHHHHHH :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I posted earlier about getting the best price on a Mazda 6 SV with manual transmission. Dealer gave me a Sport I with 6 speed manual for $15,495 about $500 more than advertised $14,995 because I did not have a mazda. First day, absolutely love the car. Black exterior and black interior. Drives with more power than I would expect from a 4 cylinder car.

·
Registered
400 Posts
need some pics

·
Registered
166 Posts
I paid 14,777 for my 06 6i manual transmission new in March 2006. That price probably reflects financing rebates and manufacturer rebates. I had to finance my car for 1 month before I could pay it off(so I could get the $1000 MAC rebate). The msrp is like 20k for mine.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I paid 14,777 for my 06 6i manual transmission new in March 2006. That price probably reflects financing rebates and manufacturer rebates. I had to finance my car for 1 month before I could pay it off(so I could get the $1000 MAC rebate). The msrp is like 20k for mine.
They must has changed that for 2006. I financed with MAC (for the rebate) and paid it off 1 week after purchase. The dealer told me otherwise, but I called customer service anyways. They did it over the phone (direct transfer) without incurring any interest charges, yet still got my $1000!!!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts