Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, Hope you all have having a great day.

In my country the mazda 6 comes with 2 categories, base or standard and full option.

I had mazda 6 2017 standard, which comes with normal stereo with a cd/usb/aux without Bluetooth

In the facelift 2018 model and above the dealer continue with 2 categories as before but they add the Bluetooth to 18 model, and u all know the dashboard and the stereo have changed a little bit but the metal box i think doesn't changed just the stereo display changed

Can I buy the 18 stereo and replace the displays from the metal box to get the Bluetooth or it's pointless

Or is there any other way to add Bluetooth to the stereo so can I use the buttons on the steering wheel, I don't want to buy an aftermarket market display I just want to add a Bluetooth to my stereo and make the buttons in the steering wheel work

I'll add photos to catch the story

·
Registered
2016 6
480 Posts
That model should be Bluetooth capable, I have a 16 6 base model here in the US with the same radio and my Bluetooth works great, to activate you have to press the media button while using your phone and searching for Bluetooth. Something should come up.

·
Super Moderator
18,220 Posts
So far as I know all Mazdas since the 2010 Mazda 3 have had Bluetooth in them standard. It's in there, just have to find it :)

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
So far as I know all Mazdas since the 2010 Mazda 3 have had Bluetooth in them standard. It's in there, just have to find it :)
Yea, thats what i was gonna say. Its not gonna be a select button on the face, its in the Settings. However, you COULD add BT to it with a dongle plugged into the AUX. If you have a Cell phone icon on your steering wheel, you have BT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your responses, your lucky I think mazda by them self have a branches in the US and buy they cars, when any company sell anything in a strong economy like US they will give best options for the value because you have the biggest car market in the world, good for you honestly.

But the thing is here in Saudi arabia the mother company don't sell there car by themselves, we have dealers and distributors so many cars mazda or other like Toyota there dealers took some specifications from the car like cruise control, bluetooth, the rear AC even its so hot here in the middle east, to keep the story short I'm 100% sure that my car doesn't have bluetooth in the stereo and I've also used a bluetooth dongle through AUX but You all know u don't really get benefit by forward and backward music buttons in the steering wheel, yeah I have to mention that I don't have phone buttons in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your responses, your lucky I think mazda by them self have a branches in the US and buy they cars, when any company sell anything in a strong economy like US they will give best options for the value because you have the biggest car market in the world, good for you honestly.

But the thing is here in Saudi arabia the mother company don't sell there car by themselves, we have dealers and distributors so many cars mazda or other like Toyota there dealers took some specifications from the car like cruise control, bluetooth, the rear AC even its so hot here in the middle east, to keep the story short I'm 100% sure that my car doesn't have bluetooth in the stereo and I've also used a bluetooth dongle through AUX but You all know u don't really get benefit by forward and backward music buttons in the steering wheel, yeah I have to mention that I don't have phone buttons in the steering wheel.
They took these specifications to lower the car price so that they can earn more profit,btw sorry for my bad language

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
They took these specifications to lower the car price so that they can earn more profit,btw sorry for my bad language
Dont worry about your English, you type it better than some native speaking people lol.

To answer your question then, yes, you could simply swap the units, im a big fan of OEM solutions to OEM problems. Just make sure its not a Bose unit going into a non Bose car. You might need to replace the trim panel too.

Crap, nevermind, it might not work the more i look at the pics. You may be able to use a US version though, as long as the radio bands either match, or you dont care about that.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I dont think the US models had a radio like that, that i can see. If the 2018 isnt that expensive, it might be worth it to swap the front panels if you can, otherwise the trim pieces are gonna be the issue with the swap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont worry about your English, you type it better than some native speaking people lol.

To answer your question then, yes, you could simply swap the units, im a big fan of OEM solutions to OEM problems. Just make sure its not a Bose unit going into a non Bose car. You might need to replace the trim panel too.

Crap, nevermind, it might not work the more i look at the pics. You may be able to use a US version though, as long as the radio bands either match, or you dont care about that.
Thank you for your fast response, guess I'll swap the units and see what will happen, if this plan didn't work then I'll think about the US version

1 - 9 of 9 Posts