Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Reading Topic: Can be rear mud guards attached when the rear aerobumper is installed?

Not
To install the rear aero bumpero I had to take off the mud guards. Same to the front

·
Registered
85 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Can be rear mud guards attached when the rear aerobumper is installed?'

mud guards or aero bumper ... not both.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Can be rear mud guards attached when the rear aerobumper is installed?'

Originally posted by SCORPION6

Not
To install the rear aero bumpero I had to take off the mud guards. Same to the front[/b]
And what's wrong with the front ones? Why did you take'em off?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Can be rear mud guards attached when the rear aerobumper is installed?

I think he's talking about the side sills.... To install them you have to remove the front mudgards. THey have nothing to do with the acutal front bumper though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by Blackbird

I think he's talking about the side sills.... To install them you have to remove the front mudgards. THey have nothing to do with the acutal front bumper though.[/b]
I don't like it, because in my mind mud guards are very usefull in protecting the car! I mean from stones etc. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Yeah think so too.. They migh not look that good but they sure saves the paint. Maybe some aftermarket guards fit?

·
Registered
237 Posts

mazda basically said the sport aero bumpers act like mud guards.. (hope you don't drive on some crappy roads)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

That could be true... And it would look quite strange when thinking about it with mud guards on the sport package.

Note: The piceses acting like mudguards would be the side sills and and the rear bumper - again - front bumper has nothing to do with that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thank you for the information. It's still a dilemma for me: to buy a sport package (side sills & rear aero bumber) or not. Another problem for me is the ground clearence, that will be less after installing these parts. So I can't make up my mind :(

·
Registered
237 Posts

if stones were really that bad i wouldnt recommend you get the sport bumpers. you will end up with chips sooner or later. ground clearence is still good after installing the sport bumpers etc though, its only about 25mm difference i'd say. im going to drop 40mm soon and hopefully that still be be alright to clear here on aussie roads.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

The Aero Bumper Kit (Frontal and Rear) come with there new Mud Guards.
You have to unnistall the original guards and put the new.

But the other plastic protector doesnt install with the Aero Bumpers
____
*________ *

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Most of the parts removes with this accesories (aero Bumper) are necessary for the new ones. Screws, reflectors, nuts, etc.
What happen if you loose some part or you get an accident car. Whre do you get that parts?
I dont know why this EXPENSIVES ACCESORIES DOESNT COME COMPLETES WITH ALL THEIR PARTS. ZOOM ZOOMM ZOOMM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts