Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Can anybody publish the ultimate collection of BLACK M6?'

Yeah good idea. I'm going Onyx Black too.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

www.dotphoto.com username:brillo password:mazda6, this is before tint, wheels and spoiler...but it might help ya. More pics this weekend.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Damn, Brillo nice car.

I like the black, but unlike Texas, cars are always dirty here in the frozen north. I think that black cars look dirty with just the slightest bit of dust on them. That ruled out black for me.

...but the car looks truly great in the onyx.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

By the way Brillo, how does the car fair against swirls after washing? Hopefully you've washed it by now :D Maybe a couple of times. Just wondering how often I'll be buffing and zaino'ing this ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Originally posted by Brillo

www.dotphoto.com   username:brillo password:mazda6, this is before tint, wheels and spoiler...but it might help ya. More pics this weekend.[/b]
Thanx, NICE BABY!!!! Mmm...6
Hey any more pictures, I'm just hungry for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by Matt

I've got pics of a black hatchback. With sideskirts.....I will scan them for you soon[/b]
Ok thanx!!!
But what about others?:( :zzz
Guys c'mon!!! :cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts

Yes,....yes..yes.. give us some pictures of Black Mazda 6 cause i`m awaiting my beauty too !! :))

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

There really aren't too many black pics out there. Not that I've seen at least. Hopefully someone joins this board who has one or someone here buys one so we can get the goodies.

B

·
0 Posts

Originally posted by AliAL

There really aren't too many black pics out there.  Not that I've seen at least.  Hopefully someone joins this board who has one or someone here buys one so we can get the goodies.[/b]
Oke, oke, the coming days I will post a lot of pics of my Black Beauty :) I just collected my baby today at our local dealer. But I have to tell you up front, that I don't have a special version. It's the Exclusive with 1.8i engine (120hp); with no modifications. Never the less, I'm proud of to drive such a great car. I already drove 75 km's with it, because it's was such fun I couldn't stop. Well as said, the next days I will add a lot of pics from all possible angles.

Nice evening :zzz

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Originally posted by Kincaid

By the way Brillo, how does the car fair against swirls after washing? Hopefully you've washed it by now :D Maybe a couple of times. Just wondering how often I'll be buffing and zaino'ing this ride.[/b]
Thanks for the compliments, per Steve6er's suggestion, I first had the car paint protected with toughguard to protect the finish and shine. I haven't waxed the car yet, but I will soon. I run the car through the premium touch free carwash at Chevron which does apply a clearcoat protection and a light wax, the do some touch up work on the car on my own. Thats really all it needs to look great, I will wax the car as well, but prob. only every 2 months or so, so I'm still a few weeks away from a wax. I would definitely recommend the paint protection, if you have a black 6

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Brillo, Brillo!

You aren't supposed to wax the car when you've applied toughguard!!! Never!!! (And preferably not machine wash it either...)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Brillo, Brillo!

You aren't supposed to wax the car when you've applied toughguard!!! Never!!! (And preferably not machine wash it either...)[/b]

I have not waxed the car since I applied the toughguard (and I won't); and the machine wash is touchless and rather low pressure, so I figure its a better way to generally soak the car then by hand. I still do touch up work to the car after the fact, and hand dry it. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

I spoke with Bill at ToughGuard, and Steve is right, you don't want to wax your vehicle after having applied ToughGuard. He also recommends not using any kind of clear coat protectant. He said it was fine to use a touchless care wash so long as you avoid the wax. Just FYI

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Excuse me for a stupid question...:p
But what is ToughGuard? What's the purpose of it? Is it brand or what? And do U think it is needed specialy for black m6
Thanx!
PS Still hoping to see some more pictures!!!:zzz

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

sorry, thats not a stupid question, I should have been a little more specific. TougGuard is a paint protection system (see www.toughguard.com); ou can have your dealer do it for you (about $175-$200 for solution and labor) or you can do it yourself. To get the 5 year warranty, you need to do it on the new vehicle within the first 30 days. It keeps the paint from fading due to UV light, bird droppings Acid rain etc....as well as acting as a general paint protectant. Once applied, you never have to wax, just a good gental washing. The websight has a gret overall description. Let me know if you still have questions....I think its very worthwhile on any dark colored car

1 - 20 of 31 Posts