Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a regular Mazda 6 hood be used on a Mazdaspeed6 ? I am going to be ordering a FMIC and want to get rid of that heavy ass factory hood.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
No

·
Registered
744 Posts
no but how about, buy carbon fiber, would cost almost the same... if you count in paint for the oem 6s one u youd have bought.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Can the trunk deck and spoiler off a 6s or 6i be used?!?!? I thought they were in compatible but wow would I love to get a bigger spoiler a-la the 6s spoiler, nothing absurd but I think the ass of our car looks odd...

·
Registered
2007 Velocity Red Mazdaspeed 6
969 Posts
I know this is an old thread that I am resurrecting, but this is the thread that came up when I googled for "use regular hood on Mazdaspeed 6?" The posts above aren't definitive. Two people said no, but I'm not sure why. One person said, "I don't see why it wouldn't" but again, nothing definitive.

In any case, I'm considering a Seibon hood:

They don't make any specific for the MS6. I asked them if theirs would fit an MS6 with an FMIC and they said maybe but they've never tried it. So again, nothing definitive. While I think it probably would fit I would kind of like some kind of confirmation before I shell out the cash.

While I'm here, what do people think of their hood choices? I personally think the TA style looks bad-ass. Unless it is too much vents. They have an EVO style that is has smaller, fewer vents and is practically half the price of the TA. What do people think?

By the way, while some people might like the look of an all-carbon-fiber hood, I think that looks like patchwork and think that carbon fiber looks better as a trim and not for large panels. So, if I do wind up getting a CF hood, I think I would have it painted, except leave the center section where the vents are unpainted. So, it would basically look like a regular hood with inset vents.

My signature for my build is wrong, I will have to update it when it is finished. I'm doing a major power upgrade, to about 650 whp.

Oh, I've never had a CF hood before. So, I'm not really sure about the care of it. Seibon's site says "hood pins required", I'm guessing that is because the CF hood will flex and flap without it? I guess I need to see how to install these hood pins.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Right. But I don't have a TMIC. That's the question, will the regular 6 hood fit if you don't have a TMIC?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm in Houston.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Apparently the Speed has different fenders than the regular 6 and so it is a no go. I suppose it might be possible to put regular 6 fenders on a Speed but I don't know if that would cause something else to not fit or impact wheel choices.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm told the regular 6 fenders don't fit the Speed's bumper, so, it's really a no-go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts