Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
dude no way. Unless you ride a child's bike. Or if the bike is completely taken apart.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I just kind of realized I am making some crazy talk. haha. If I remove the wheels I think I should be fine though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
In a Speed6? Good luck. Front tire is definitely coming off and then you have to pack it through that comically small trunk opening

If you have a 6i or 6S 5-door you're probably okay. My 21" frame/26" wheel Fisher fits in the back with the seat down.

If you have a wagon? No sweat. My wife's clown hearse swallows MTBs whole...no front tire removal necessary. I'm pretty sure a 6wagon will do just as well if not better.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The back seat will do it for sure with both wheels off. I'm pretty sure the trunk will not. This is with an XL framed Fisher mountain bike.

Potentially if you have the fold down seat mod, you could swing the fork through the opening, but probably not. Back seat is the way to go.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I fit my bike in my trunk just fine without folding down the backseat. But you definitely have to take off the wheels, which shouldnt be a big deal esp if you have quick-locks

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've fit mountain bikes in the trunk by taking off the front wheel, and sometimes the handlebars; no need to put the seats down.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I've carried mtn bikes in the back many times but I've always folded down the seats and put down a towel over the bracing due to the sharp edges.

My bikes are freeride and downhill types, with long travel forks, wide bars and wide tires. I've never tried to do it with any of the wheels mounted on the bike. Since they come off easily why fight and struggle to get the bike in with them on, and risk scratching the car up?

Recently I got a class 1 hitch installed and now I carry my bikes on the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts