Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can the 2.3 be faster than the 3.0 if modded? and which one would be the easiest to modd the 2.3 or the 3.0 because i have heard that its easier to find parts for the 2.3 i dont know?

G

·
Of course. I know of a 1957 bug that is modded and will spank my 6s. he has new mods and hopes to pull high 12's in 1/4 mile. Modded, any car can beat the 6s. I love my V6 and always feel like it is strong, until my boss spanks me in his 3 series 330 (look similar, but they are not). thr V6 isn't a slouch, but isn't the holy grail either... capable is my best description.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
2.3 modded yes, there's like a 1 1/2 sec diff I think in 1/4 mile times stock, obviously 3.0 the faster. Four banger would be better for turbo than 3.0 I think as well.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
the thing is, what is your goal. both platforms are pretty equal in terms of mods at this point. there are only a couple things out there for the 2.3 that aren' tout there for a the v6 yet. so either way works.

it was stated b est that any car can beat the v6, its' just a matter of why you wanna do it and hw much you wanna spend.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
there are only a couple things out there for the 2.3 that aren' tout there for a the v6 yet. so either way works[/b]
The one product the 2.3 doesn't have that the 3.0 does have is a LSD which will be a killer when adding power. If you can't put power to the ground, its not going to be useful.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
and thats to be expected.
[/b]
yeah, you are working with a bigger engine that is more powerful. modifications will intensify when upgrading a 3.0L compared to the smaller engine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
2 Nealio
2.3 have Quaife ATB Diff

Anyway any car can beat any car... it just depends from money you put in it...
For example 6i with cossworth engine for 20K will beat 6s with no chances...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
the I4 has the turbo which is huge. so yes a turbo i4 could beat a v6. But when the turbo's come out on the market for the v6 its gonna be incredible. Especially conjoined with an lsd + new tires and a few more mods its gonna be very nice.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
you can turbo the v6 as easiley as the i4. all you need is the unichip software and you can make your own gt34 turbo kit with your own choice of parts if you so choose.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
2 Nealio
2.3 have Quaife ATB Diff[/b]
I had heard about the Quaife but hadn't been able to find anywhere that was actually selling it, so i assumed it was in the "soon to be released" stage.

Anyway any car can beat any car... it just depends from money you put in it...
For example 6i with cossworth engine for 20K will beat 6s with no chances... [/b]
Until someone desided to swap the V6 for the Noble GT in full race trip, and then the 6s has got the advantage again. So this will go back and forth forever, and we will have made no progress.

·
Registered
281 Posts
2 Nealio
it was an example.
I thinking about it with low compression for turbo, but there will be BIG problem with tranny then...
I have a dialog with them to make custom cams and other things for 6i.

Anyway we are speaking about 2 different cars...
Better say different engines... because cars are the same...
2.3 is light, 3.0 is heavy but have a little more power...
So its also a question - why do you need it ?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
you can turbo the v6 as easiley as the i4. all you need is the unichip software and you can make your own gt34 turbo kit with your own choice of parts if you so choose.
[/b]
Unichip has been out for some time. I'm sure someone would have tried Unichip by now, especially considering they are selling for $589.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
go read unichips website the new version coming out has all capability of tuning for a turbo setup. i'm not positive but i'm pretty sure the older version can tune a turbo as well, maybe boozted can chime in.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Faster isn't a good word...

The 2.3L is going to be quicker around a small AutoX course... the 3.0L will have more power in the straights...

There are several high HP 3.0L duratecs running around (not in the 6 of course, though they love the 6 exhaust cam).... that faster than almost any 2.3L out there....

Give the DISI 2.3L some time and you are going to be amazed...

But in the mean time if you are looking for everyday accellaration you are going to need forced induction to have the "power" of the 3.0L...

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i don't understand why people start a thread with a question....then never come back and respond to anything. it just doesn't make sense?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Well I agree that Unichip seems like the logical solution, but if its that simply then why are everyone complaining that there is no tuning solution when Unichip has been here for some time now?

They use the Unichip on turbo 8s and even on the M'Speed Protege, so it should work on the 6.

Mr Tea, do you have have 1/4 times for your car?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
yup, my best 1/4 to date is 16.8

1 - 20 of 29 Posts