Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so i just fixed my brakes since i worn out the rotor after my accident that fucked up a lot of things on the front driver side disc. i changed out the pads and with a grand sum of $450. my alignment needed to be readjusted because the front camber is at -2 on the left and -1.2 on the right.

the caster is at 2 on the left n 4.6 on the right
the toe is at -1.42 on the left and 0.32 on the right

basically what happened was after running over an island head first in a lowered car everything went to shit. the frame is also bent as well. the front driver side tire is sitting about a finger width further back than on the front passenger side.

the mechanic i spoke with says they will need a machine to pull the frame back out which would cost about 200-300 bucks or a camber kit that has a caster adjustment would work as well.

where can i get a camber kit with caster adjustability? would this be cheaper than getting the frame pulled? it has already eaten away one fresh tire in 2 months. i am pissed.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
you can't get one because they aren't made. Mazda_gremlyn was trying to get one made, but there wasn't enough interest.

Do it the proper way and have the frame straightened

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
hey guys so i just fixed my brakes since i worn out the rotor after my accident that fucked up a lot of things on the front driver side disc. i changed out the pads and with a grand sum of $450. my alignment needed to be readjusted because the front camber is at -2 on the left and -1.2 on the right.

the caster is at 2 on the left n 4.6 on the right
the toe is at -1.42 on the left and 0.32 on the right

basically what happened was after running over an island head first in a lowered car everything went to shit. the frame is also bent as well. the front driver side tire is sitting about a finger width further back than on the front passenger side.

the mechanic i spoke with says they will need a machine to pull the frame back out which would cost about 200-300 bucks or a camber kit that has a caster adjustment would work as well.

where can i get a camber kit with caster adjustability? would this be cheaper than getting the frame pulled? it has already eaten away one fresh tire in 2 months. i am pissed.
[/b]

even if you find such an item (as far as I know no such part exists) you'll be far better off to get the frame square and do the repair correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts