Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you don't get your exact package in the US. Big friggin deal. The car, maxed out with all options still falls well below 30k. If you insist on getting a better deal, be one of the bland masses and by a worse handling, or outright ugly Accord or Camry. I'd rather drive a car that won't be that common on the roads, and is pleasing to the eye. The Camry, has less HP, and is an abomination to the eyes.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Calm down, everyone chill...'

I wouldn't say the Camry is bad looking, but it is a bit too bubbly. The Accord, I agree - yuck. But after driving the Accord, I will avoid it if I can. After all, I'm inside the car driving it, so that's what matters - the interior and how it drives. The exterior surely doesn't hurt, but it won't make my decision.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by MAZDAMAN

So you don't get your exact package in the US.  Big friggin deal.  The car, maxed out with all options still falls well below 30k.  If you insist on getting a better deal, be one of the bland masses and by a worse handling, or outright ugly Accord or Camry.  I'd rather drive a car that won't be that common on the roads, and is pleasing to the eye.  The Camry, has less HP, and is an abomination to the eyes.[/b]
Yeah buy something sport while your still young. Just look at all the senior citizens driving around in a Camry or Accord. Think about this when your picking up a chick and she goes "Wow my grampa has exactly the same Accord as you."

·
Registered
22 Posts

Here is my 2 cents on this topic...

Yes, the Camry is not the car I am looking for because I figure that I should buy a "young" car while I'm still "young". That said, I also don't find anything wrong with the Sports package on the 6, even if some of you think it reaks of rice when it comes to the spoiler. I happen to think that it balances out the car nicely...

But more onto what I meant to talk about. I was trying to say that it's a little harsh to generalize things like this by calling the car an "abomination" on the road. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and I have quite a neutral one...I think its inoffensive, but I won't be drooling over it in this lifetime. So, yeah...I think that the forceful language is a little ....well, forceful.

Concerning the Accord (another frequent recipient of these attacks); I have to say that I was very turned off by it when I first saw the spy shots. In person though, I'd say that the back is not quite as bad as I first thought it would be. I even considered getting the Accord coupe if the Mazda6 didn't pan out the way I would have liked except that I strongly dislike the headlights of the car. But as for the upcoming TSX...I don't see it, and quite frankly, I think that whoever designed it tried to make it stylish, but didn't go far enough. But like I said, opinions...opinions.

We are all members on this board, although some are definitely more lively than others. But I wouldn't count on the idea that everyone shares the same opinions and that no one will be offended by such statements (which are almost never backed up). And I think...I think that I don't like the idea that when a member is offended, it seems to be common practice to wave them off as an "Accord buyer". It's harsh...

Sure, I could be ranting (in a very calm and complacent tone...) but to reiterate the subject heading "Calm down, everone chill..." But then what do I know? I'm just a girl...

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by Wstar5721

Here is my 2 cents on this topic...

Yes, the Camry is not the car I am looking for because I figure that I should buy a "young" car while I'm still "young".  That said, I also don't find anything wrong with the Sports package on the 6, even if some of you think it reeks of rice when it comes to the spoiler.  I happen to think that it balances out the car nicely...

But more onto what I meant to talk about.  I was trying to say that it's a little harsh to generalize things like this by calling the car an "abomination" on the road.  We are all entitled to our own opinions, and I have quite a neutral one...I think its inoffensive, but I won't be drooling over it in this lifetime.  So, yeah...I think that the forceful language is a little ....well, forceful.

Concerning the Accord (another frequent recipient of these attacks); I have to say that I was very turned off by it when I first saw the spy shots.  In person though, I'd say that the back is not quite as bad as I first thought it would be.  I even considered getting the Accord coupe if the Mazda6 didn't pan out the way I would have liked except that I strongly dislike the headlights of the car.  But as for the upcoming TSX...I don't see it, and quite frankly, I think that whoever designed it tried to make it stylish, but didn't go far enough.  But like I said, opinions...opinions.

We are all members on this board, although some are definitely more lively than others.  But I wouldn't count on the idea that everyone shares the same opinions and that no one will be offended by such statements (which are almost never backed up).  And I think...I think that I don't like the idea of people being offended, stating their opinion, and being called a "Honda" person.  It's harsh...

Sure, I could be ranting (in a very calm and complacent tone...) but to reiterate the subject heading "Calm down, everone chill..."[/b]
YOU DIE HONDA LOVER. BURN IN HELL!!!! Just kidding.

I honestly would have considered the Accord Coupe if the headlights didn't look like a damn civic. I love the back though, it used the styling of a Benz CL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts