Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those in the U.S. we need to get a good calling effort for aftermarket products such as AEM, Injen, Koni Magnaflow etc... They only way they will know the demand is to hear it from us. Since most of us have cell phones with free long distance, lets try to get a calling effort going. Here are the main numbers of ones I can think of:

AEM: 310-484-2322
Injen: 909-839-0706
Magnaflow: 800-824-8664
Koni: 859-586-4100
G’reddy: 949-588-8300
Duratec Performance: 661-274-9951

Many of these guys are in California, so our for our fellow Cali members we really need your help with tings like prototyping etc. Be sure to mention the mazda6club.com web site, it’s a good way for companies to see the interest in a vehicle. This will help our international friends as well, as I believe many of these products are sold in Europe/Asia.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Calling effort for Mazda6 aftermarket products

I would call in but I live in Canada so I can't afford the long distance rates. I would like to see people calling them because we need parts.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Little update for you guys, I spoke with AEM and Injen, Both are working on intakes for the M6 as we speak. AEM said it would be about ~2-3 months, Injen ~2 months. Both of them are working on the V6 model first, however, I don't see how there would be a big difference between the 4 an 6, so I would guess the I4 intake will come out just a little afterwards. Magnaflow is working on a full cat back system (Stainless steel, mandrel etc...) for both the 4 and 6, which should be out in ~3-4 months, look for retail on that to be around $600-$700 USD. Good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I also suggest you guys e-mail Autothority. Autothority did a chip for the MX-6 so who knows what they might be persuaded to do for the 6.
Here is the response I received from Ali Farzad:

David:

Thank you for your e-mail. At this time we do not have any plans for upgrading the Mazda 6. We are starting to get a few more e-mails about it so we will see how it goes.

Ali
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 3:05 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Mazda6

Hey, I recently purchased a 2003 Mazda6s. I am curious if you guys have any plans for perf. parts for the 6? As this is a relatively new car, you may wish to check out http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/ to see how big the 6 community already is.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Mazda has to sell bunch more 6s before we will see a lot of companies come out with parts.

It's the chicken or the egg problem.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Calling effort for Mazda6 aftermarket products'

Originally posted by LBJay

Mazda has to sell bunch more 6s before we will see a lot of companies come out with parts.  

It's the chicken or the egg problem.[/b]
Thankfuly that doesn't seem to be stopping AEM, Injen and Magnaflow, as they all have products, which is good. Now things like clutches, ECU's, more headers, Cams, that take some serious R&D, I imagine that will take some more time.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Calling effort for Mazda6 aftermarket products'

sweet, this is good news that companies are starting to develop parts for the Mazda 6. Are there any other companies we should try contacting...???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts