Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I Hate You!! haha, i cant wait to get mine.. Hows the fitment?? From what i see, it looks fine with the stock sideskirts..

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
make this the official thread to show off pics of the ks lip

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Hate You!! haha, i cant wait to get mine.. Hows the fitment?? From what i see, it looks fine with the stock sideskirts..[/b]
The fitment is pretty good! But iI agree wit my tungsten gray bro achow that it doesn't fit perfectly flushed...but still this lip looks dam sexy! lol :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm going to try to talk to my boy at my shop to see if theirs anyway he can maybe sand down some portions of the lip, so that the gap isn't as big.

But god damn either way, it looks too sexy. But what do you guys think about the side skirts situation? Noone's really posted a pic with the comparison of them. You think it looks good or is the difference very noticable?

·
Registered
357 Posts
But what do you guys think about the side skirts situation? Noone's really posted a pic with the comparison of them. You think it looks good or is the difference very noticable?[/b]
+1

Also.. how much is it just to get the lip painted to match roughly?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I'd have to see pictures of the lip when painted and fitted properly, but it looks too much like an add-on piece. Hopefully I change my mind when I see it painted. Congrats on the lips for the 06 guys though!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I'm going to try to talk to my boy at my shop to see if theirs anyway he can maybe sand down some portions of the lip, so that the gap isn't as big.

But god damn either way, it looks too sexy. But what do you guys think about the side skirts situation? Noone's really posted a pic with the comparison of them. You think it looks good or is the difference very noticable?[/b]
The lip is a lot taller compared to the stock skirts.. but it might not look as bad when the lips are painted. ive seen some atenzas in japan running the ks lip with stock skirts and it looked pretty good. although jdm stock skirts actually flare outwards; not inwards like our usdm 6s. the only way to get a perfect match is if you buy the ks skirts.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
I'd have to see pictures of the lip when painted and fitted properly, but it looks too much like an add-on piece. Hopefully I change my mind when I see it painted. Congrats on the lips for the 06 guys though![/b]

+1. Sorry 06-07 guys but i dont think ill be putting the lip on my car, im gonna get the extreme front bumper from Accolade.

·
Registered
704 Posts
+1. Sorry 06-07 guys but i dont think ill be putting the lip on my car, im gonna get the extreme front bumper from Accolade.[/b]
The extreme bumper from accolade is just that, way TOO extreme. I don't want to change the total appearance of our cars, I just want to add a bit to it. Imma make this lip work! And on black it'll look even better.

But knowing you, I know you're gonna make that extreme bumper look sex lol... What are you gonna do with the lip?

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
The extreme bumper from accolade is just that, way TOO extreme. I don't want to change the total appearance of our cars, I just want to add a bit to it. Imma make this lip work! And on black it'll look even better.

But knowing you, I know you're gonna make that extreme bumper look sex lol... What are you gonna do with the lip?[/b]
Lol, that bumper is subtle compared to most, OH YA AND HAS A BADASS GRILL ON IT!!!! Plus i have the accompanying (sp? lol) mods to pull it off.

IM gonna sell the lip here on the forum, or my local forum.

Black cars MIGHT be able to pull this off, but i just think it doesnt match up how i would have liked it to.

But then again, what do i know... this might get painted and look FRICKIN AWESOME :love:

·
Registered
781 Posts
+1. Sorry 06-07 guys but i dont think ill be putting the lip on my car, im gonna get the extreme front bumper from Accolade.[/b]
+1, there are too many holes and grill gaps. hoping it looks better painted...

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Isn't the Extreme bumper a lot more expensive also?[/b]

$180 shipped for CS lip (right?).

Accolade has a special this year (i think for all of 2008) where i can get that beautiful thing for $400 shipped. Now obvioulsy that another $200 bucks more then CS, BUTTTTTT it has a P.I.M.P. ass grill thats already attatched to the bumper, and we all know how FUCKED we are with grills (06-07) guys.

Its also plastic/urethane instead of fiberglass.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
$180 shipped for CS lip (right?).

Accolade has a special this year (i think for all of 2008) where i can get that beautiful thing for $400 shipped. Now obvioulsy that another $200 bucks more then CS, BUTTTTTT it has a P.I.M.P. ass grill thats already attatched to the bumper, and we all know how FUCKED we are with grills (06-07) guys.

Its also plastic/urethane instead of fiberglass.[/b]
It's also going to cost a couple hundred more to paint.

·
Banned
331 Posts
it looks like it matches performance white fine. shit id add it on w/out painting if it looks close enough...lol. it looks good but definitely needs painting on non white cars. WHat is all that blue stuff that goes around the trim of lip? Is there anyway to get rid of it? Is it those 3m double sided tape strpes? if someone has pics of this lip non painted and installed on a performance white car, please. :goon:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
dont buy from accolade. It took them 9 months to ship, and the product was damaged. Buy from one of our sponsors besides them. They are horrible.

1 - 20 of 339 Posts
About this Discussion
338 Replies
39 Participants
kewlguy5
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing