Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. Used the search function but got no hits...

First of all... Got a 2004 M6, 2.0 136GT, 100kw,...

Tips and Tricks for MAZDA 6 (GH) 2.0D MZR-CD (RF-Turbo) 2007 - 09. - www.cdn.dk

Some of us know about that site... I have a knock when I have a cold engine around 1100-1200rpm to 1400-1500rpm engine makes knocking sound. BUT only cold and only for no more than a good mile or so. Then it stops and sounds normal... It might be injector thats why I would like to try the calibration... Also I am due to service (13 months since last and 7500mi-11000km)

But my concern is that i have 2004 and this is for 2007-08... I dont have DPF and for our guys one tried on 2.2 but ended up in expensive repair on ECU... So 2.2 is a BIG no go...

Should I try or not? What do ya all think? Someone had any experience?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have 06 reg and calibration worked for me. It will do no harm that's for sure so give it a try. The calibration will only start if the engine is at optimal temprature so go for a drive to warm the car up before you start. Knocking can also be due to old/wrong oil. Yours is probably not as sensetive to oil type as DPF versions don't know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I just got my M6, d, 2.0 105kw, 2007. I have the same rattling noise coming out of the engine on a cold start. It goes away after a couple of miles when the engine gets warmer.
This video best describes the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ko1fL2-aM

I wanted to know if calibrating the injectors fixed the problem in your case ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lynx. - can you give any information about the root cause for the knocking sound?
Hope you have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I have mazda 6 2.0 100kw 2002 production but I don't have that pin as shown in the photo. That pin is empty but it has contact at the middle right next to it, on the left to be more precise.

Is it because my mazda is older ? Maybe other pin will do the job ?

Thank you

·
Registered
66 Posts
The way I understand it; the series II cars with the DPF from 2005 onwards for Euro V compliance use a totally different ECU and so I would not expect any tricks for those to apply to earlier models.

In general diesel engines advance the fuel injection timing more when cold and this makes for more noise.
Don't worry about this, it is normal.

·
Registered
941 Posts
These diesel cars never made it to North America, not many people will even understand them here.

I would also be very wary to start jumping pins on something you/I know nothing about. You can create a massive repair bill that way. Better off finding a European forum/mechanic that knows those cars for help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts