Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I know its for my cousin. This is his first real car and he is trying to do some cheap mods to his car untill he can get a mazda 6. The CAI intake for this car they say is only suposed to be for the manual version.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is it really? i smell a cover-up...

jus kidding. :)
[/b]
Oh heeeellllllllllll NO thats like throwing my self to the wolves. Im going to have my 6 for long time to come. Not only that I cant really get any thing but Ford products. I love my car too much to get a honda of any kind. Or nissan, toyota, Etc. You get my point.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
how would the type of Tranny have anything to do with a CAI?
[/b]

You can ask the same thing about the Mazdaspeed CAI. It doesn't fit the 6i ATX.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
You can ask the same thing about the Mazdaspeed CAI. It doesn't fit the 6i ATX.
[/b]
It also doesn't fit the 6i MTX does it? And if it does, thats more of a fluke than anything. The CAI for the 6i fits both trannies, as does the CAI for the 6s. Unless there is a clearance issue with the auto tranny in the civic engine bay, (an easy thing to look for, just check the path where the CAI is supposed to go), there should be no problems.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It also doesn't fit the 6i MTX does it? And if it does, thats more of a fluke than anything. The CAI for the 6i fits both trannies, as does the CAI for the 6s. Unless there is a clearance issue with the auto tranny in the civic engine bay, (an easy thing to look for, just check the path where the CAI is supposed to go), there should be no problems.
[/b]

According to Mazda (who won't tell me why) the CAI designed for the 6i will not fit the ATX. The one for the 6s will fit both ATX and MTX though

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
According to Mazda (who won't tell me why) the CAI designed for the 6i will not fit the ATX. The one for the 6s will fit both ATX and MTX though
[/b]
Does the Mazdaspeed one run differently?. I know my intake comes no where near the tranny fo rthat to even be remotely a problem. I've never actaully gotten to see what the mazdaspeed CAI looks like..

thats pretty weird though....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts