Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 Mazda 6 2.3L I-4, and I am looking to get a nice quality Cold Air Intake. Any suggestions on which brand I should buy I'm not too knowledgable with "Car Tech."

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Get the cpe mafci from the rpm store. They are the best one with no cel imo.
The CP-E is not a big improvement on the i4.

Most cost-effecient method is to grab a BOMZ intake off eBay and replace its crappy filter with an AEM DryFlow. All the gains are pretty even for the 4banger and I haven't heard of any throwing a CEL.

And a filter will be included with any legit intake unless it states it does not. I've never seen an intake come without a filter though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe the injen intakes come with dry filters. I know mine did, but could be different for the 4 banger. The CP-E intakes do pop up every once in a while, but typically move quick. Guys often ask way too much for them as they are rare & hard to come by.
Your right they are dry filters. I have an injen cai. Maybe the guys in older forums push certain intakes but I stand by Injen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Fabman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing