Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems to be with this car that all the CAI's are pretty much the same...my question is if you have the fujita intake and get the CPE tuning solution when it comes out, is the tuning going to be far off since cpe is obviously using their CAI for an intake to make the maps? To be able to save 130 bucks seems worth it to me if the tuning solution will work with the fujita???????

..o and fujita has dynos on their website if u haven't seen 'em yet

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
it seems to be with this car that all the CAI's are pretty much the same...my question is if you have the fujita intake and get the CPE tuning solution when it comes out, is the tuning going to be far off since cpe is obviously using their CAI for an intake to make the maps? To be able to save 130 bucks seems worth it to me if the tuning solution will work with the fujita???????
[/b]
u'll be fine. im hoping the tuning solution will be user tunable so u can always adjust accordingly. and if anything, u'll be running richer with a fujita than the cp-e, so theres no need for worry.

·
Registered
967 Posts
[/b]
210.7 max hp? :huh:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
compare it to the baseline tho, it all depends on the dyno obviously,,, i think it would be more pertinent to compare the baseline run to th CAI run

·
Registered
967 Posts
compare it to the baseline tho, it all depends on the dyno obviously,,, i think it would be more pertinent to compare the baseline run to th CAI run
[/b]
I see what you're saying, but that dyno is way off baseline or not. Nice gains though. Has anyone posted sheets for the CP-E, or AEM (MS)? Just wondering because from what I understand the Fujita is 2.5" while the others are 3".

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Fujita is 2.75" all the way through, while AEM/MazdaSpeed and CP-E are 3" with reduction down to 2.5" at MAF and then back to 3". They all reduce down to ~2.5" at the hard plastic connector to the impeller of the turbo so it probably all works out the same. IE. there probably isn't much difference in flow between any of them.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Fujita is 2.75" all the way through, while AEM/MazdaSpeed and CP-E are 3" with reduction down to 2.5" at MAF and then back to 3". They all reduce down to ~2.5" at the hard plastic connector to the impeller of the turbo so it probably all works out the same. IE. there probably isn't much difference in flow between any of them.
[/b]
Cool, thanks for that info. That decides it for me. Tired of waiting for the MS one and don't wanna pay AEM prices. Buying Fujita now. Besides, the name sounds cool. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts