Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be brief as the Horns are about to come on TV and have people over for the game, but just got through driving it home and LOVE the sound. My buddy with the M3 helped me put it on so I let him drive in on spicewood springs road (for those of you in austin, you know what I'm talking about!). The bypass and tubo were echoing from the trees and canyons on that tight little road at full throttle in 3rd, it was an awesome sound!!!! Not sure if it's actually much faster, but we were both grinning ear to ear anyway :D

One comment, it took quite a bit longer than an hour to install. Closer to 2, for those of you thinking of doing it. But worth the time, effort and $$$. I have a feeling this is the start of the mod-bug :drive:

Gotta run, kick off in 30!!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I installed the Fujita intake the other day before having my EBC installed and it actually made less boost and felt slower, also I have a 3" downpipe back exhaust. With the EBC installed I was able to get the boost back up to stock levels and there is a noticeable increase, from th e intake? Thats probably up for debate...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I installed the Fujita intake the other day before having my EBC installed and it actually made less boost and felt slower, also I have a 3" downpipe back exhaust. With the EBC installed I was able to get the boost back up to stock levels and there is a noticeable increase, from th e intake? Thats probably up for debate...
[/b]
You probably already know this but there were some folks that installed the fujita CAI filter incorrectly and had loss of power. If the filter is shoved too far onto the cai pipe it will restrict the flow.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
its been stated many times. if you disconnect the battery, your boost levels will go down a couple psi while the ECU relearns the fuel trims. after about 10 drive cycles, you'll be back up to normal.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
its been stated many times. if you disconnect the battery, your boost levels will go down a couple psi while the ECU relearns the fuel trims. after about 10 drive cycles, you'll be back up to normal.
[/b]
Interesting....very interesting. Hmmmm :wavey: Good to know this info

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/b]
+1 and dead on, you MUST unhook the battery when you install the CAI and reboot the ECU. Mine seems (SOTP) faster than it was before. It even states this in the installation guide.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Gonna be brief as the Horns are about to come on TV and have people over for the game, but just got through driving it home and LOVE the sound. My buddy with the M3 helped me put it on so I let him drive in on spicewood springs road (for those of you in austin, you know what I'm talking about!). The bypass and tubo were echoing from the trees and canyons on that tight little road at full throttle in 3rd, it was an awesome sound!!!! Not sure if it's actually much faster, but we were both grinning ear to ear anyway :D

One comment, it took quite a bit longer than an hour to install. Closer to 2, for those of you thinking of doing it. But worth the time, effort and $$$. I have a feeling this is the start of the mod-bug :drive:

Gotta run, kick off in 30!!!!
[/b]
yeah, it took me close to two hours too. But if i did it again I could do it in an hour or less. Your right though, I bought the cp-e intake and I have fallen in love with my car all over again. My wife loves the sound too, which is surprising. She is always telling me to let off the gas really quick during shifts just so it will make it louder. :drive:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, it took me close to two hours too. But if i did it again I could do it in an hour or less. Your right though, I bought the cp-e intake and I have fallen in love with my car all over again. My wife loves the sound too, which is surprising. She is always telling me to let off the gas really quick during shifts just so it will make it louder. :drive:
[/b]
dead on, 1st time is a beeyach, glad we won't have to do it again soon. That said the filter is good for 20K max, which means we have to rip the inner wheel well again to clean/change it. Pain in the butt, but the sound is worth it :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have since reset the CPU several times since I installed it, lol...but with the AVC-R its really not an issue anymore anyways...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have since reset the CPU several times since I installed it, lol...but with the AVC-R its really not an issue anymore anyways...[/b]
If you keep resetting it before you let the car adjust then it's never going to return to original boost levels. Give it 10 cycles or so like the other poster said.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If you keep resetting it before you let the car adjust then it's never going to return to original boost levels. Give it 10 cycles or so like the other poster said.[/b]
Here is a novel idea - some necro bumping 8 month old threads.

Thanks,
Signed - everyone sick of reading your posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Althought there are way too manyposts of "installed my CAI" "CAI impressions" it isalways good to hear opinions and experiences of others.

My install took me about 45 minutes, very easy...

Bumper removal takes me about 3-4 minutes, removing the stock airbox was a good 25 or so, and installing the CAI is cake. I couldn't wait back when I got it, so I installed it on my car wiht 200 miles!!! Not too smart, but I stayed off the gas pedal as much as I could. Been 9 months exactlysince the day I installed it and love every day of it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Althought there are way too manyposts of "installed my CAI" "CAI impressions" it isalways good to hear opinions and experiences of others.

My install took me about 45 minutes, very easy...

Bumper removal takes me about 3-4 minutes, removing the stock airbox was a good 25 or so, and installing the CAI is cake. I couldn't wait back when I got it, so I installed it on my car wiht 200 miles!!! Not too smart, but I stayed off the gas pedal as much as I could. Been 9 months exactlysince the day I installed it and love every day of it.[/b]
Can you pm on how to take the Bumper off... Lieke you say is 3-4 minute job... That will more easier than trying to get it off from the wheel is...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can you pm on how to take the Bumper off... Lieke you say is 3-4 minute job... That will more easier than trying to get it off from the wheel is...[/b]
I think there is a thread with instructions on how to do it. It sounds like some people had a tough time initially but once they figure it out, it was pretty smooth. You'll get good at it if you have to uninstall it every time you take the car to the dealership too. :sarc:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Maybe this is just me but I had no trouble getting to those three 14mm bolts. I used a standard ratchet and short socket for the 2 bolts that faced the bumper and they were out in no time. I actually had more trouble figuring out the clasps on the damn vacuum hose!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts