Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to get cold and rainy here in SoCal. Ok, maybe not cold, but rainy.

Anyway, I have the MazdaSpeed CAI and wondering if anyone has purchased/made any type of filter covers...something to help block the water. Just looking for ideas.....something like Ractive's perhaps?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Starting to get cold and rainy here in SoCal. Ok, maybe not cold, but rainy.

Anyway, I have the MazdaSpeed CAI and wondering if anyone has purchased/made any type of filter covers...something to help block the water. Just looking for ideas.....something like Ractive's perhaps?
[/b]
I think this is like the 300th thread (in the mazdaspeed section alone) on this topic - don't drive through depp standing water (there are more issues with this than sucking water into the engine) and you will be fine - if you are still worried, buy on - search - there have been a number mentioned.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I don't know of any but if you're concerned with water entering the intake, unless you drive through water deep enough to immerse the intake, you shouldn't worry about it. Although, you live in Cali, there's always the threat of driving into the ocean. :p

·
Registered
940 Posts
I don't know of any but if you're concerned with water entering the intake, unless you drive through water deep enough to immerse the intake, you shouldn't worry about it. Although, you live in Cali, there's always the threat of driving into the ocean. :p
[/b]
Plus if you go into water deep enough to submerge to the filter, no filter cover is going to stop the engine from sucking up the water.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I did do a search for 'air filter rain', 'intake rain', filter cover', 'intake cover' and nothing came up.....not that there ISN'T anything, but either it didn't find anything or just wasn't working.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I was basically asking because the filter is pretty visable through the fenderwell.

Sorry for the repeat request.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well, I did do a search for 'air filter rain', 'intake rain', filter cover', 'intake cover' and nothing came up.....not that there ISN'T anything, but either it didn't find anything or just wasn't working.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I was basically asking because the filter is pretty visable through the fenderwell.

Sorry for the repeat request.
[/b]
Not a problem - just giving you a hard time since it comes up at least once a week.

Consensus is that unless you fully submerge the thing it should not be an issue.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Plus if you go into water deep enough to submerge to the filter, no filter cover is going to stop the engine from sucking up the water.
[/b]
Well no filter cover that allows any air to get through at all that is. :D

It's been raining buckets here in Vancouver, BC, the last couple of weeks. 4 inches a week ago. 3 inches predicted for tonight. Flooding in lots of areas, and standing water in lots more. I have the Fujita CAI with no cover, just the way it came. So far, no CEL, no hesitation or poor running, and no problems. Granted I avoid going through the deepest part of any puddle I come to, but I don't make any effort to drive much slower than in the dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts