Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to consolidate the facts with respect to the different cold air induction (CAI) systems. IF ONE THREAD ALREADY EXISTS, PLEASE FLAME ME TO IT. Otherwise, add to it, correct it, or ignore it.

AEM: Steps down from 3" to 2.75" at MAF;
Mazdaspeed: Steps down from 3" to 2.75" at MAF; made by AEM; CARB certified; Green tagged for warranty
CP-E: Necks down from 3" to 2.5" at the MAF; 2 bends plus bent plastic coupler;
Fujita: Continuous 2.75" including MAF; 3 bends total.
Injen:

Which ones come in colors?
Which are CARB certified, other than Mazdaspeed?
Are the diemnsions correct?

This topic is not intended to create discussions/ debates. Just the facts.

I don't have a CAI yet, so I'm working from what I have found in the numerous threads.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
also, the mazdaspeed cai is green warrantied by Mazda - which is not good for your bumper to bumper warranty. Blue would be good and keep your factory warranty intact. green means only the part it covered for defects, and if it damages your engine - be prepared to foot the bill to replace it - probably at least $6000 for a major rebuild - if not more.

·
Registered
399 Posts
that's not quite true.

It's not as good as a "blue" warranty part, but it doesn't explicitly state that putting on a green warranty part cancels the warranty on other items in your car. Remember, dealerships must prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure.

MAZDASPEED "Green" Performance Accessories must be specifically approved by Mazda for their particular application. These parts are warranted for the first 12-months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPag...anty&bhcp=1

·
Registered
820 Posts
They all have the same amount of bends. Also of note, the AEM uses a dry flow filter, the Fujita has the vortex generator in the filter, you may also want to do a price comparison. The cheapest prices ive seen are $259 shipped for AEM, $209 shipped for Fujita and I think $329 for CP-E

1 - 5 of 5 Posts