Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a week i just got a cel with my injen cai, ITs constant not flashing. Do i have to do anythign or can i leave it. What hsould i do.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, but wat will happen if i leave it on with the cel, i wont pass emission correct. And now its on my ecu forever and reflashing it wont help

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my question is wat will happen if i just leave it how it is. Also i notice some cai can be converted to sri. IF you make it an sri are u still able to have the cpe things to keep the cel from coming on

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You can use the CPE fix as mentioned by Sideshow or you can purchase a Scangauge to check and clear the CEL. You can drive the car around with the CEL but you won't know if other codes are there unless you get it scanned.

A SRI will not cause any performance gains.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if i buy a scangauge and clear it will the dealership ever know a cel came up, also how hard is it to use the scangauge and if they found out i had one will they void all waranty since i messed with the ecu.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
C'mon guys. Can we first ascertain what engine Crzyguy22 has before we start telling him to get the MAF Customizer for the Injen? Recall that the MAF Customizer is for the V6 application only. ;)

Good call on the Scangauge though. If one doesn't have the MAF customizer or a MAFci kit, the only option left is to manage the CEL. From what I've heard so far, I figure the Scangauge will be a good tool for verifying that the CEL is indeed intake related and for clearing the CEL.

they have the cp-e for the 2.3? i think i remember seein it somewhere.. or am i losin it
[/b]
Like I said the MAF Customizer is for the AJ (V6) engine only. Although, there is a MAFci kit available for the L3 (2.3L I4) application.

Hope that clears things up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts