Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a used aem cai for my i4 and receive it today (thanks for telling me NO ups, didn’t get hit with duty); but it didn’t hit me until now. What would happen with the warranty? I usually go to avante mazda for check-ups; would they give me a hard-time? Would other dealerships – dave woo, mazda of Toronto etc.- be more friendly with these issues?

If all dealership will give me a hard time, would installing and removing the cai for every check-ups be a viable option? I have the car for 3 years and 40k on it. I don’t want to screw up the warranty, never know when I’ll need it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
If there's no problem related to the mod, they'd just do the service as usual.

I personally believe Davewood feel more comfortable about mods because they actually build their own racing cars. CAI is not much of a concern IMO, as long as you don't get hydro-lock because of it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Jones... having a CAI installed won't void your warranty. If the dealer sees it, he's most probably not going to say a word.

However, if something else goes wrong with the car, your dealer will have a propensity towards blaming the CAI... and that's when warranties get voided.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I had my ex- protege 5 serviced in Dave wood mazda, and never had trouble w/ them, they were cool w/ my CAI, Teins, exhaust & etc.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I had my ex- protege 5 serviced in Dave wood mazda, and never had trouble w/ them, they were cool w/ my CAI, Teins, exhaust & etc.
[/b]
That's why I decided to stick with them. I just order parts from them and I'm gonna pick them up while staying in TO for this weekend.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
my suggestion
don't mod

simple as that

·
Registered
684 Posts
That's why I decided to stick with them. I just order parts from them and I'm gonna pick them up while staying in TO for this weekend.
[/b]

YUP, DWM is the best, eventhough i have to drive 45min to reach them, it's still worth it,
however i've heard they are not as good as b4....it was awesome when Kevin was still the Service Dept. manager.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
YUP, DWM is the best, eventhough i have to drive 45min to reach them, it's still worth it,
however i've heard they are not as good as b4....it was awesome when Kevin was still the Service Dept. manager.
[/b]
But Kevin still works there right?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i have had my car lowered and has a cp-e cold air intake, i've had it serviced from Avante and Brampton, none said anything...

if you put an intake in and your shocks blow... they'll fix it.

if you put in a CAI and you get hydrolocked, or your engine craps out due to running too lean/rich.... then yea, ur not covered

if they think the problem ur car is having is caused or helped along by the mod you installed.... you're SOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts