1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speed has been givin me some CEL's recently and its always the same one

P2006 IMRC bank 1 stuck closed

Anyone know what this code means?

I happens when its cold outside(0°C or lower) and the car has been standing over the night, then when starting the car it will start with CEL..

Maybe some moisture got through the CAI and its freezing?? :unsure:

Car feels fine and the CEL will goes away...

Just wanted your feedback/info before I take it to the shop

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very possible that you're exeeding the airflow limits for the MAF on the car. The cold air may be too dense for the MAF.
[/b]
so it could be a false alarm?

it only happens when starting the car, not under WOT

·
Registered
820 Posts
sometimes the low range of a sensor (iat) for example may just be a little too low for real world conditions. I would say it's a false alarm, get the codes pulled and see what they are.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sometimes the low range of a sensor (iat) for example may just be a little too low for real world conditions. I would say it's a false alarm, get the codes pulled and see what they are.
[/b]
the code is
P2006 IMRC bank 1 stuck closed

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Geico caveman "chuh Maybe next time do alittle research" *shakes head*

one of these could be your issues

IMRC monitor circuit open.
IMRC control circuit open.
IMRC monitor circuit short to VREF.
Damaged IMRC actuator or solenoid.
Damaged PCM.

This code is Set when the IMRC is commanded open, but the IMRCM is closed....so yes it's quite possible that you IMRC whatever that is..is closed and needs some time to warm up to open...because like you speculated the dense cold air is sticking it shut....I dunno Just a guess.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Not sure if this applies to the Speed 6, but my old car had a part called an IMRC and it was the "Intake Manifold Runner Control". At a certain RPM it would open the secondary intake runners.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Not sure if this applies to the Speed 6, but my old car had a part called an IMRC and it was the "Intake Manifold Runner Control". At a certain RPM it would open the secondary intake runners.
[/b]
did you used to have a cougar? or contique with the duratec v6? lol i thought i got away from the damn IMRC, now i have to deal with it again? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :swearin:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have the mazdaspeed intake. Today I had 29 degrees F here and the car felt a little slow (like dragging) till it was warmed up. Drives fine but still can't see over 320miles a tank with highway. Almost always in vac too. Oh well. No cel either.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Over 320 miles? Umm... 300 miles on 14 or 15 gal tank.. which is what we have... is like 20-21 MPG.. which is what we get..

If you go 6th gear on the freeway at like 75mph or so.. you'll get around 24-27mpg probably... I think i manage 31 once.. but pretty sure Something was off about that....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Every time I fill up it's 16 gallons. But that's still 20mpg highway. City is like 15mpg. Oh well I still love the car so I just deal with it. The weather is rather cold up here and my truck that used to get 18-19 city would only get 15-16 here.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Every time I fill up it's 16 gallons. But that's still 20mpg highway. City is like 15mpg. Oh well I still love the car so I just deal with it. The weather is rather cold up here and my truck that used to get 18-19 city would only get 15-16 here.
[/b]
Man, you must driving on fumes a lot! The MS6 has a 15.9 gallon tank and the most I've ever gotten in it, even with the fuel light on for about 20 miles once, was right at 15 gallons :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Odd. My S-10 had a 16 gallon tank well at least chevy said it was but as soon as the needle hit E it was 16.5 gallons to fill it up. I will check again at the next fill up and see what it says. Will repost the details.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Alright so was on the way to the gas station and the yellow light for gas came on. Went and filled it up. 276.6 miles on 14.058 gallons. So when the needle is at E then I think it will take at least 16 gallons. Anyway that was 85-90% highway. This is 19.67mpg. So my highway is almost what mazda said the city was. I'm guessing city would be 15mpg instead of 19mpg as stated by epa.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Alright so was on the way to the gas station and the yellow light for gas came on. Went and filled it up. 276.6 miles on 14.058 gallons. So when the needle is at E then I think it will take at least 16 gallons. Anyway that was 85-90% highway. This is 19.67mpg. So my highway is almost what mazda said the city was. I'm guessing city would be 15mpg instead of 19mpg as stated by epa.
[/b]
Yeah, I've been seeing similar mileage on a tank. Best so far was about 22 on a long road trip at ~70-80mph average.

As to the amount of fuel you're able to get in, I bet a lot of that has to do more with the accuracy of the pump at a gas station than the size of the tank. I've always been amazed (maybe surprised is a better word?) that they can have accuracy down to the 100th of a gallon at the flow rates they're achieving.

Anyway, thanks for the research :)

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
did you used to have a cougar? or contique with the duratec v6? lol i thought i got away from the damn IMRC, now i have to deal with it again? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :swearin:
[/b]
Yeah he was a cougar guy as well, but this is like that IMRC :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
back on topic...

It's been over freezing last couple of weeks and no CEL...

Last night it was below freezing and I got a CEL...........

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
back on topic...

It's been over freezing last couple of weeks and no CEL...

Last night it was below freezing and I got a CEL...........
[/b]
Ire you really in Iceland? We have the MS6 reppin the nordic nation of Iceland?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ire you really in Iceland? We have the MS6 reppin the nordic nation of Iceland?
[/b]
yeah, Im really in iceland :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
[/b]

Yeah he was a cougar guy as well, but this is like that IMRC :)
[/b]
You know me from NECO I assume?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts