Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Walmart looking for an alternative to the $30 cabin filter. I found a hepa filter that is almost perfect. It is from a Hamilton Beach room air cleaner. It is called the Hamilton Beach TrueAir filter. Part # 04712. It is with all the other house and air cleaner filters and costs $10. It looks just like our original filter but with cardboard sides. Height and depth is perfect but the width is 1/4 inch too long. You do have to modify it slightly. I took off the right side wall so it could flex in order to fit it in its space. The original filter required a bit of flexing also. That seemed to do it. I have tried it for 3 months and all is well. I checked the amount of air coming out of the vents before and after and it seemed the same. On the next one I will try to slice the center in the front and the back so I can compress it 1/4 so it is the exact same size as the original and still has the sides.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Not even $20 if you buy it right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use a 3M Filtrete 1250 Ultra Allergen furnace filter. You can go to Home Depot and get them for 20 bucks in a 20" x 20" size. Then just cut it to size. You can get 4 filters for the price of one and the quality of this over the cheap factory filter is night and day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
reldusj
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing