Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to one of the local dealers today here in Indy to get a new cabin air filter. The parts guy at first thought it would be the same as the 6 and so did I. I did, however, ask him to check parts # just in case. Turns out the filters are different and the filter for the Speed 6 is at least $15 more than the normal one.

While I was there I took a pic with the camera on my cell phone. The Speed6 cabin air filter is smaller by about 1/4 to 1/3 inch than the 6 filter and the Speed 6 filter has about twice the number of pleats. Speed6 filter is on left side of picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
$15 more? Figures...

I guess the more pleats there is, the better the filtration.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,540 Posts
I guess the more pleats there is, the better the filtration.
[/b]
Not necessarily. It just allows them to raise the price over the 6 CF. :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I recently discovered the same problem:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=60171

The best price I could find was at Showcase Mazda (see Tiffany's response in the linked thread).

I wish one of the aftermarket filter companies (Purolator, Wix, etc.) would make a replacement filter so we could have some cheaper alternatives.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Can anyone please measure the size of the regular 6 cabin air filter and the speed 6 filter? I notice the size of the regular 6 is different everytime I purchased from dealer.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Where is the air filter in the cabin? How often should it be changed?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Come on now....simple search.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
my dealer raped me on the cost of this filter. i think i was charged around $42. next time i'll buy online for $26.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts