Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
10,189 Posts
For 36K I'd still buy my Sig.
...And you'd still walk away with at least $1500 in your pocket! :)

Comparative priced Germans are between 45 and 55. 60 if you want ALL the bells and whistles. IMO
Very true, but I would personally let someone else take the depreciation hit and get one that's "certified", and that's IF I could ever afford spending $35-40K on a car...

I just find it astonishing that you'd have to pay an extra 20% for a comparable Accord. Seriously, how can they justify that?

· Registered
96 Posts
I just find it astonishing that you'd have to pay an extra 20% for a comparable Accord. Seriously, how can they justify that?
Honda has brand value. Brands like Kia, Hyundai, and Mazda have to be very competitive in price as they are much smaller players in this segment.

In fact, when I was cross shopping the 6, Optima, and Accord the Honda salesman would constantly mention the reliability, reputation, and residual value of Honda. Honda is average at best these days, but the Honda's reputation and residual values seems to be immune despite the issues they have.

· Registered
97 Posts
The Mazda doesn’t get as much credit as it deserves I feel. Maybe it’s just the sedan “slump” the market is currently in, but the 6 is spectacular, however there is another 4 door car I feel doesn’t get enough praise and that’s the Subaru Legacy. Yes the design is conservative and rather boring but it also offers a quality build and a good value with AWD as an added bonus. I owned a 2016 and had several minor issues with it that the dealer didn’t really work with me on, so customer service was a let down. They will now be offering a 2.4 Turbo on the Legacy. My question would be if Mazda offered AWD on the 6 how many of you would spring for it? What do you think the sales percentage would be for an AWD 6?

· Registered
96 Posts
The Mazda doesn’t get as much credit as it deserves I feel. Maybe it’s just the sedan “slump” the market is currently in, but the 6 is spectacular, however there is another 4 door car I feel doesn’t get enough praise and that’s the Subaru Legacy. Yes the design is conservative and rather boring but it also offers a quality build and a good value with AWD as an added bonus. I owned a 2016 and had several minor issues with it that the dealer didn’t really work with me on, so customer service was a let down. They will now be offering a 2.4 Turbo on the Legacy. My question would be if Mazda offered AWD on the 6 how many of you would spring for it? What do you think the sales percentage would be for an AWD 6?
I would consider it with the 2.5 Turbo. AWD would allow the 6 to better put down the massive amount of low end peak torque especially on turns. I wouldn't need AWD for weather purposes where I live.

One of Nissan's missed opportunities was not putting AWD with the VC Turbo. However, I think this is because they don't want encroach too much into the Maxima and Infiniti Q50. Mazda doesn't have to worry about this, so I would expect it on the full redesign. Mazda seems to be waiting to see how Skyactiv-X goes on the new Mazda 3, since they decided to extensively refresh the 6 instead of an all-new model. I love my 2018 6, but I would've liked the new infotainment software and screen from the new 3. It's not like I could've waited, because my old car was totaled and needed a new one ASAP. On the plus side, I don't have to worry about reliability from an all-new model year.

I see the AWD take-rate being very high on the Signature trim, as then it could really take on the luxury entries.

· Registered
795 Posts
Resale value (if that matters to someone). Certified and late model used Accords go for crazy money, and Mazdas don't. Honda has the reputation for reliability and people almost want to pay premium prices for used Accords, so dealers are glad to stock them. I'd rather pay a lot less for a 3-year-old 6 than a comparable Accord, as all of us would, but the demand isn't quite there.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.