Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
Shoot, i wouldnt need a whole backpack for that much.
When it's upper 80s/90s every day and you go hiking every day you would haha - not gonna re-wear sweaty clothes.Speaking of - if anyone else wants a nice thigh workout, definitely recommend:
Plant Ecoregion Green Natural environment Wood

Sky Plant Stairs Natural landscape Tree

Sky Plant Cloud Plant community Ecoregion

Discussion starter · #44 ·
The Canola fields (yes, for the oil) are in full bloom here and we've got some right by the house. Wish I had more time for a proper shoot but this was a private road and I didn't want to overstay my welcome.
Wheel Sky Tire Car Cloud

Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Because I'm a huge nerd, I created a new desktop layout/etc from one of my favorite photos of the car (thus far).
  • Adobe Illustrator for the hexagons/lines.
  • Photoshop for the car edits and shading.
  • Rainmeter for the cool desktop goodies:
    • MSI Afterburner + SK Neon Meters = Top resource bar.
    • Mond Clock + Royal Weather API = The date + weather section.
    • Monstercat = audio visualizer.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Because I'm a huge nerd, I created a new desktop layout/etc from one of my favorite photos of the car (thus far).
  • Adobe Illustrator for the hexagons/lines.
  • Photoshop for the car edits and shading.
  • Rainmeter for the cool desktop goodies:
    • MSI Afterburner + SK Neon Meters = Top resource bar.
    • Mond Clock + Royal Weather API = The date + weather section.
    • Monstercat = audio visualizer.
View attachment 246608
That looks fantastic! I really need to get on my rainmeter skills lol

Discussion starter · #48 ·
That looks fantastic! I really need to get on my rainmeter skills lol
Thanks! Let me know if you ever need help; I've built a few skins from scratch for fun so I know the gist of how it all works, which makes it way easier to customize things. (Like that weather one was a straight line, so I messed with it to make it work how I wanted).

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Couple minor little updates but no official pictures since the weather hasn't been allowing it.

Got a new spoiler - from some angles I absolutely love it, others I'm not 100% sold, but it's not coming off at this point. I had tried a carbon fiber one that was smaller and loved it 100% but the carbon fiber didn't match the black gloss roof at all, so I sent it back.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

I also had some spare tint film laying around from a house project and decided to put it on the side markers - I think it's perfect and they don't stick out nearly as much as they used to.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Also got a new shift knob because the stitching on the OEM leather one was bugging me. I ended up taking the silver plastic piece from the OEM knob, cutting it down to the right size, and sticking it under the new knob. I think it looks perfect.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Car Gear shift

And finally, the OEM plate lights are yellow and gross, so I upgraded to LEDs - which were WAY too powerful so I put some tint over the plastic covers of those as well.
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Copy cat.... Lol, I love that knob, it just fits right and matches the CMU color.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Copy cat.... Lol, I love that knob, it just fits right and matches the CMU color.
Wait you've got the same one? I completely forget what people have for mods on here. Thanks though! I was worried about it matching properly but it's spot on.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Nice!! Is that OEM carbon fiber around the boot or did you put that there? I've been debating covering up that silver bit around the boot with something like that but not sold on it. Yours came out great if it's DIY

Nice!! Is that OEM carbon fiber around the boot or did you put that there? I've been debating covering up that silver bit around the boot with something like that but not sold on it. Yours came out great if it's DIY
Ive been wrapping stuff since maybe 2010? Its 3M DiNoc. I usually do small pieces like that, and 2 hoods so far. Mine came out so well, i left a couple tags on it instead of trimming them, just to prove it cost me $22 and its real CF lol.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Haven't been here for a bit because winter in Montana will do that to you. It was 30 degrees and sunny today so, despite the roads still having a good amount of sand/gravel on them, I couldn't resist bringing the RF out for a quick lunch jaunt. :)

I wish I had more time to take proper photos, because the soul red with the snowy backdrop is so perfect.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Cloud Sky Mountain Car Hood

Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car

Attachments

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.