·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #602

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #604
Thank you for the link! Although I didn't see any diesel variant but I'm assuming that it should be the same with the 2.5 L.

Thanks again

EDIT: I just found out that we have a local seller. Thank you for the link again, I get the exact model number that should fit for the car.
No problem! Glad you found one locally.

Another update.....those B8s are spoiling me a bit lol. I have to remember I want them to last 150k miles like the original ones :D

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
You really have a good eye for photography. I wish I could take good photos like yours! You've taken great care of your car still looks new in the recent photos :)

Reactions: Byakuya

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
You really have a good eye for photography. I wish I could take good photos like yours! You've taken great care of your car still looks new in the recent photos :)
Thanks and thanks!

Photography is a fun hobby I've been doing for years. What most people don't know is that photographers take hundreds and thousands of photos, hoping a few of them turn out great - I'm no different :lol:

Also, I know how to take photos of the car to not show its bumps and bruises (mostly not my fault :irate: ) ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #607 (Edited)
Well, I was hoping my first post in a while would be a happy one, but nope.

On the way to work this morning after some gnarly storms last night, a car going the other direction ran over a bunch of tree debris. They launched a good-sized branch at the car that was completely unavoidable.

Result:

Irks me that 98% of the bruises this car has are because of other people :( and it's going to bother me that one headlight is going to be much more clear than the other.....guess a good wet-sand restore might be in my near future.

Edit: There wouldn't be anyone around who doesn't want a driver's side GT headlamp would there? Just the assembly is like $550 - Could've fixed the stupid door dings people have given me for that money :(

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,541 Posts
Ouch! I'm sorry to see that happen. NOT cool!

A suggestion: check with your insurance company. I know that my comprehensive coverage includes road-hazard items, like a rock or tree branch taking out a headlamp. It may be worth it, depending on your deductible...

Or, maybe it's time to go aftermarket! :p

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #609
Ouch! I'm sorry to see that happen. NOT cool!

A suggestion: check with your insurance company. I know that my comprehensive coverage includes road-hazard items, like a rock or tree branch taking out a headlamp. It may be worth it, depending on your deductible...

Or, maybe it's time to go aftermarket! :p
Yeah, our deductible is too high for this to matter unfortunately.

However, a good friend JUST found a single one of these on FleaBay for $300 shipped with a 45 day return policy..... Didn't even hesitate. Let's hope it's in the quality that they say it is.

I can't go aftermarket: GT :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your car looks AWESOME! I was hunting for a white one, but ended up finding a deal I couldn't pass up on a black 2014. I can't lie, seeing your car makes me a little bit sad I didn't hold out for the snowflake white.

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
Your car looks AWESOME! I was hunting for a white one, but ended up finding a deal I couldn't pass up on a black 2014. I can't lie, seeing your car makes me a little bit sad I didn't hold out for the snowflake white.
Thanks!! Always a work in progress.

And the grass is always greener haha, the black looks incredible when it's cleaned up. Mazda knows how to make a beautiful paint.....they just don't like to apply enough of it xD

·
Registered
653 Posts
Damn that sucks!!! It's a shame that they don't have replacement lenses for the newer gens. Glad that you found one quickly though!

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #614
Not gonna pay attention to all 610 posts to see why half the pics are dead?
All pertinent photos are linked in the 4th sentence of the original post ;)

The reason half are dead is because Google changed their Photo-Sharing service to thwart against hot-linking and, with it, destroyed the means to easily link to them in forums. I never bothered to re-upload them and re-link them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Haven't updated this in a while. Officially rolled over 150k miles this weekend. Woohoo! I could tel one of my front struts was on its way out recently, but last week it finally gave out completely.

So, this weekend, I finally got the chance to upgrade to some Bilstein B8s!

(Yes, I'm ashamed at how dirty my engine cover is; that's what a New England winter will do to it).
Over 70 miles on them already and absolutely love them. They added that little bit of stiffness I felt the car was needing.
Hello! I've got 95k on mine and I was browsing shock replacements. Did you buy any additional hardware or just the front shocks and install? Mine are getting a little bouncy and I'd like to firm it up again. Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
Hello! I've got 95k on mine and I was browsing shock replacements. Did you buy any additional hardware or just the front shocks and install? Mine are getting a little bouncy and I'd like to firm it up again. Thanks!!!
Nothing additional - Got the B8s and installed them without any issues. Everything lines up perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #617
Testing out new attachments option and wanted to show off the car after a full 5-hour session of detailing inside and out. been a while since I had time to do this properly.

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #618
It's FINALLY been warm enough for a couple of days to continue working on my garage project. Can't wait for it to be ready to use!

Building out the frame:

It's a pain I can't get the cabinets all the way against the wall, but I worked around it.

Finishing the frame:

I wanted to make sure it was nice and sturdy so it could help with holding the weight of the tires.

Mounting the tire racks:

These are actually two separate racks, but I cut my own bolt to hold the tubes together in the middle since I didn't have enough room to mount both braces to the stud.

Finished painting, leveling, and setting up the cabinets.

Now I just have to figure out what I'm doing with the small gap between the countertop and the wall, mount the LEDs and do some finishing work :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
It looks great! I also have that same Z creeper!! I had to use lock tight on the wheels because they kept coming off lol. It looks like it's going to be a great workspace!

Reactions: Byakuya

·
Super Moderator
17,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #620
It looks great! I also have that same Z creeper!! I had to use lock tight on the wheels because they kept coming off lol. It looks like it's going to be a great workspace!
Thanks! Yeah I love the creeper and find myself using it in "seat" mode more than anything - but haven't run into any issues with the wheels yet.

Only problem with this workspace is my wife will expect me to be able to fix anything now XD

601 - 620 of 642 Posts