Mazda 6 Forums banner

Byakuya's 2014 Grand Touring Shiro Shinobi

159K views 754 replies 123 participants last post by  Byakuya 
#1 · (Edited)
Shiro Shinobi - "White Ninja"

A new chapter has begun. For the first time in my life, and probably last time for long while, I have become the owner of a brand new car.

You all know me and my 2004 Performance White GT. She treated me well, but alas, she was on her last legs and I could no longer care for her with my limited amount of resources and knowledge of cars.

I'm keeping a record of my ownership of the car here: 2014 - An Ongoing Review

I've posted a few of my favorite photos of the car below, but for the entire album of anything to do with my car, go here: Byakuya's 2014 GT [Album]

Here's what I've done so far:

Purchase Date: February 15th, 2013

Winner December 2016.

Miles as of:
  • 01/10/16: ~60,000
  • 05/07/16: ~70,000
  • 08/03/16: ~80,000
  • 12/09/16: ~90,000
  • 05/05/17: ~100,000
  • 04/29/18: 123,456
  • 04/07/19: 150,000
  • 05/01/21: 175,000
Interior Visual:
  • "Xenon" Pure White Map/Dome Lights
  • Pure White Courtesy LEDs
  • Pure White Glove Box LED
  • Stainless Steel Kick Plates
  • Mazda Trunk Mat
  • Customizable Colored LED Footwells
Exterior Visual:
  • White LED plate lights.
  • 35% Tint all around
  • Custom Plasti-dipped engine cover.
  • Corksport Plate Relocation Kit
  • Carbon-Fiber Vinyl Side Panels
  • HP11 7440 Reverse LEDs
  • OE Rear Splash Guards
  • Xenon Pure White Fogs
Wheels
  • 19x8.5 +35 Niche Misano M116 (Anthracite)
  • 255/40/R19 Kumho Majesty 9 Solus TA91 XL

(Sold - 1 had a crack in it that couldn't be fixed)
  • 20x8.5 E+35 TSW Nurburgrings in Gunmetal
  • 255/35/R20 Falken Azenis FK450
  • Gorilla Lugs in Dark Red.
Engine/Suspension/Brakes
  • Megan Racing EZ II Coilovers
  • Bilstein B8 Struts Front
  • PowerStop Ceramic Rotors Front + Rear
  • PowerStop Ceramic Pads Front + Rear
  • Fumoto F-106N Oil Drain Valve
  • Bosche Plugs
Rack
  • Thule FitKit 3069
  • Thule 400XTR Rapid Footpack
  • Thule 47" Aero Bars (Painted White)
  • Thule 44" Fairing
  • Thule Adapter Kit XAdapt2
  • Thule "Big Mouth" 599XTR
  • Mazda Gutter Rail Left ( GHY1509L0 )
  • Mazda Gutter Rail Right ( GHY1509H0 )
Etc/Misc
  • Autocraft Platinum AGM Battery
  • Rexing V1 Dash Cam
  • Bosch Wiper Blades
  • Black Zoom-Zoom Plate
  • Carbon Fiber-Wrapped Plate
  • Original "6" from 1st Gen
Winter Setup:
  • 18x8 Andros Spec Rims
  • 225/55/18 Bridgestone Blizzak WS80
  • WeatherTech® Floor Liners
Future Plans:
  • Nothing on the horizon right now.
I present to you, my 2014 Snowflake Pearl White Grand Touring Mazda 6

Current Favorite Pics:

Wheel Tire Sky Snow Vehicle

The car, the day I bought it (02/15/2013):

First Official Photo Shoot:

Plate LEDs Installed (02/2013):

Winter Rims and Tires Purchased (08/2013):

Plate Relocation Kit Added (01/2014):

Painted Engine Cover (03/2014):

Roof Rack Purchased (06/2014):

TSW Nurburgrings Purchased (09/2015):

Red Gorilla Lugs Added (03/2016):

Refinished and Painted Rims (05/2016) - View My Process Here:

Installed Bilstein B8 Performance Plus front suspension (04/08/2019) (Post)

Installed PowerStop Evolution Brakes all around (05/20/2020) (Post)

Added Customizable LED Footwells (10/24/20) (More Images)

Installed "Xenon" Pure White Fog Lights (02/18/2021)

19x8.5 Niche Misano M116s Purchased and Installed (06/25/2021)

See less See more
#2 ·
I said it once and I'll say it again... Its so clean I could lick it.

You need MOAR mods. That is all.

EDIT: Top two posts both ride threads... priceless

Attachments

#4 ·
Well something got wet but it ain't my whistle ;)

Those rims are soooo nice! and shiny too! She certainly is a beaut!

#5 ·
Geeez, look at that wheel gap. Get some window tint! Needs an intake! Needs Exhaust! Needs Wheels! Needs ricer body kit!

OK, not really.... White's a really sharp color on the new 6! I've been a fan of the gray (go figure), but that white is the business!

#7 ·
I Will GLADLY get all that done if you're the one installing it for me, and you sign a waiver that makes you liable for any voided warranties and any/all repairs required because of said installed items :D

Agreed though, the pearl white really stands out in the sun. I'm loving all the turned heads I see as I drive by.

#21 ·
Thanks man. Yeah it was a pain in the a$$ convincing my dealer to get me this out - it was in a lot 150 miles away and they got it for me overnight - I guess my actions told them that I was freaking serious lol.

OMG, it's freaking gorgeous....

I'm gonna wait for the turbo version one.. hehe
Thank you sir - WAIT for a Turbo? @TiGraySpeed6 would probably fly up here to help me install one if I asked! :lol:

I think white has a way of making any car look sportier, and it looks especially good on the new 6. Can't wait for my local dealer to get one in in the pearl white. I really like the way the grille and side mirrors look in contrast to the white. I can't wait to see many more pics of your beautiful ride.
Agreed wholeheartedly. My local dealer didn't have one of these. The only one within 200 miles of me was in a dealership on Cape Cod. I threatened my dealer that I was driving down there to pick it up and he sprung into action lol.

That's awesome man, I'm glad you ended up getting what you wanted in the long run. Repping the third gen no doubt!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks man. Hell YEAH repping 3rd gens!

White makes it look amazing. All the advertisements are in the red lately.
Yeah I've not seen one flyer or advertisement in the white, only pictures here and there. I've seen the white, black, blue, and red all in person, and the white certainly stands out from the others.

Shiro Shinobi

I Like it!
Right on man! I figured I had to do something to match "Byakuya" - and since most people can't pronounce it anyways, Shiro Shinobi is much easier -and even still, White Ninja is the easiest lol.

#17 ·
I think white has a way of making any car look sportier, and it looks especially good on the new 6. Can't wait for my local dealer to get one in in the pearl white. I really like the way the grille and side mirrors look in contrast to the white. I can't wait to see many more pics of your beautiful ride.

#18 ·
Shiro Shinobi - "White Ninja"

A new chapter has begun. For the first time in my life, and probably last time for long while, I have become the owner of a brand new car.

You all know me and my 2004 Performance White GT. She treated me well, but alas, she was on her last legs and I could no longer care for her with my limited amount of resources and knowledge of cars.

I have no mods planned (for now), mainly because I do not want to ruin perfection. The ONLY thing that I might change are the plate lights to a nice white LED because the yellow ones just don't do the white car justice.

I've already written my review of this car, so I will not write another. I am beyond ecstatic with this purchase, and I'm excited to Photo Dump in this thread at my earliest opportunity.

I present to you, my 2014 Snowflake Pearl White Grand Touring Mazda 6

Here are some cell phone pics to whet your whistles. ;)

I'm thoroughly looking forward to working on this car for many years to come. I will be making a few threads in the 3rd gen section to try and help out other new owners and will update them as well as I can.

Welcome to the NEW Byakuya, same old post whore, new car! :lol:
That's awesome man, I'm glad you ended up getting what you wanted in the long run. Repping the third gen no doubt!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#23 ·
Congrats dude...she is sexy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide App

Reactions: Byakuya
#25 ·
I dunno,
I'z expensive & I don't travel.

Reactions: block8head
#31 ·
Simple. He doesn't own the old V6 anymore.

Nicely Done, Steve! :) After owning a white car in the Northeast, I really don't want to do it again, but I do like the looks of white on the 6, well, until the first snowfall and the sand/salt/slush that evidently follows and pastes itself to your car... :(

No mods? How about some LEDs and resistors for the turn signals? It's a start...

#32 ·
Well I know, but his knowledge of the car is still with him. I personally would have kept it open for the newer people who may have questions about the mods he did. Just seems trivial to block further comments and questions, though I realize they could just PM.

Either way, it's his thread if he wants it closed, not mine.

#33 ·
I figured if people have any questions about the old car they can PM me or leave a message on my profile.

That chapter is done for me, time to move on to the next thing.
@Mz6GreyGhost yes the only things I want to look into replacing are the yellow lights everywhere. I got so used to the white interior that I already miss it haha. And it shouldn't be tough and certainly not expensive to swap them out.

I want to start an "All Bulb #s " thread for the 3rd generation. I'll start working on that tomorrow since I'll have time :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App