• CS, HKS, K&N, Injen

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Just dont use anything like a k&n that uses oil in it or a spray.... they can dirty your MAF over time....The AEM dri flow has been my favorite one to date.....

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just dont use anything like a k&n that uses oil in it or a spray.... they can dirty your MAF over time....The AEM dri flow has been my favorite one to date.....
Yeah i got a K&N inverted only cause i wanted to hook up my ram air to it. I have CS AEM dry filter, may put it back on. But i think i may wanna try Apexi, heard a lot of good things about. come on peeps more opinions???

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Ive used oiled k&n filters for the past 6 yrs of owning my own vehicles. Never once had any issues with them causing MAF issues.
Ive just heard that from a few old mechs...Its mainly from people over oiling them. And im talking bout cai/short ram filters not stock replacement ones...

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Ive just heard that from a few old mechs...Its mainly from people over oiling them. And im talking bout cai/short ram filters not stock replacement ones...
It is for sure from over oiling them. I knew u meant cai/sri filters. I did have an intake on last car.

Maybe its time for an intake...

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
An air filter is an air filter, as long as its not a cheap autozone/walmart paper cone filter!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol honestly an Air is just not an Air Filter. Yeah no cheap paper/ cone filter lol. But The filters i mentioned in the begining of this thread had all different charactistics. There has been studies done. heres the link.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=best intake air filter&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CH4QFjAH&url=http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/&ei=kgo-UKboBIba8wSproGQBw&usg=AFQjCNEsMJ6yWtKMeiYw1X2B6W64ZRwNTQ

I know you guys have had to use different than K&N, well it is only a qick trip to Autozone lol.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
lol honestly an Air is just not an Air Filter. Yeah no cheap paper/ cone filter lol. But The filters i mentioned in the begining of this thread had all different charactistics. There has been studies done. heres the link.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=best intake air filter&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CH4QFjAH&url=http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/&ei=kgo-UKboBIba8wSproGQBw&usg=AFQjCNEsMJ6yWtKMeiYw1X2B6W64ZRwNTQ

I know you guys have had to use different than K&N, well it is only a qick trip to Autozone lol.
just to entertain your theory, look at the "gained bhp" in the chart on that site. the difference between each filter was less than 1 hp.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
^^ I'm with 6Y - A filter, is a filter, is a filter - the gains are so little that they're not noticeable.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not just looking at gains, looking at overall performance. filtration. like i said in the begining just wanted to hear what you all use and what you all like. If you all believe a filter is just a filter.im sorry but that is funny lol. no offense. "People by parts because everyone else buys those parts but dont understand the quality and the real working function for the engine" that is a quote from a good friend of mine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I dont know what you are expecting by changing up filters. I mean you already had a dry flow and then bought a K&N and now are wanting to change to another one?

It just seems like to me that you just get bored when you don't have something new to put on your car. I need to do whatever it is that you do for a living if you really have that much disposable income.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts