Mazda 6 Forums banner

Buying HID/LED Headlights & adding Fog Lights for 2017 Mazda 6 Touring

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Swift6speed 
#1 ·
Hello,

I will soon be joining the Mazda 6 club as I have a pending purchase for the 2017 Mazda 6 touring (49,000 miles - getting it for $13,500). Meanwhile, I would really appreciate it if anyone can suggest a website or local body shop (located in Michigan) to buy compatible HID/LED headlights (the car has halogens headlights) & OEM Fog lights or something close to the original parts for the 2017 model year.
Please add a link to the parts so I can purchase them online.

The Soul Red Metallic is the one I am purchasing - Suggestion to add an HID or LED lights and Fog lights compatible with the car battery - i.e. don't want to over drain the battery and make other lights or electrical unit non-functional.

The Silver one is a 2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring version that has fog lights. These are the Fog lights I would like to add to my 2017 Mazda 6 Touring. Do they have a different housing as compared to the 2017 touring model for both the headlights and Fog lights?

FOG lights:
So far I found these on Ebay - Link #1, Link #2
This a popular option I see on Ebay Fog + Daytime running lights - Link #3
Another option I came across without the metallic trim - Link#4 and Link #5

Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

1) Don't worry about the battery; you're not gonna drain it by adding fogs or DRLs, especially if they're LED. LEDs have an extremely small amount of draw.

2) The Touring and GT have the same exact housings so long as you're talking 2017s. Anything before a 2017 (and I believe after 2018) will have a different housing.

3) I'm not sure if non-GTs have the DRL wiring built into them or not, so it's possible you'll need to splice that for yourself. @Trollz3457 might be able to verify.

All of those links look like they're work to me, so it depends on your choice.

#3 ·
Dont buy HID, that tech is so old.

#4 ·
@Byakuya If by DRL's you mean fog lights then yes every model should have the harness for the fogs built in. The only real speed bumps are getting the correct trim pieces/fog light covers and buying the mounting bracket for the lights. Although I don't believe you need a mounting bracket for the smaller led oem style fogs. As for head light and high beam bulbs I recommend the cougar motor LED's on Amazon. They're super simple plugnplay and they are bright as hell, I've had mine for about 9 months and have no signs of fading and the change compared to the oem h11's are amazing, as well as only being $40 a pair they're pretty reasonably priced.

#5 ·
Sorry yeah I meant fog - Wasn't sure if the harness was good to go or not. Thanks! Older 6s had the harness but you needed to swap in the correct steering wheel stalk that had the fog controller.

#7 ·
I finally installed my Fog/DRL/Angel eyes on my 2016. Took a little to figure out the wiring but they are sweet.

@Sp1d3y - Can you please share the link you bought these DRL/FOG lights from?
And are they compatible with the 2017 Mazda 6?
Can you also share a pic when they are turned on - Daytime and Nighttime?
Thank you for your comment.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#11 ·
@Sidd47, not a problem. I’ll make sure to snap them and post it tomorrow. The fog light wiring harness is there but only function-able if you have the headlight/fog-turn signal arm installed.
I’ll have the pics and the sight I bought them from. If anyone is interested I can post pics of the install or where I tapped into the fuses.

#13 ·
Link to the Fog/Angel eyes I purchased

The Angel eyes are on all the time, basically like DRL lights. The side lights of the fog lights only come on when the headlights are on as the main headlight wire is what I used as a switch. Then of course the middle “Fog” light goes on when you switch the fog light switch on the console (blinker assembly). I can try and get some other pics if you’d like.

#18 ·
Link to the Fog/Angel eyes I purchased

The Angel eyes are on all the time, basically like DRL lights. The side lights of the fog lights only come on when the headlights are on as the main headlight wire is what I used as a switch. Then of course the middle “Fog” light goes on when you switch the fog light switch on the console (blinker assembly). I can try and get some other pics if you’d like.

What was the installation process like, did you need to spice wires or was it plug and play, any issues?

#14 ·
I hope those arent actually blue and its just your camera making them look it, cause if youre not LEO, those are highly illegal.

#15 ·
Thanks for the info, as I should have been aware. Looking into it, I pretty much found out that any color except the usual can be illegal. The camera does make them look more blue then they are but I only have the Angel eyes on alone with the DRL's during the day so it's not so noticeable. At night with all the lights on you get a little hue of blue and some wash on cars next to you. Funny thing is, I drove to work that next morning and drove by 4 cops and on the way home drove by another 3. In the area here they kinda turn an eye since theres more things to catch around here. In the recent week I've seen a truck with even more powerful blue fog lights and some Charger/Challengers with Red Halos. Figured now, if I'm told to change them I can swap them out for another color or something since I made the lights all plug and play.
By the way, are those the GT lights in your Avatar?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.