Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a sales guy in the Seattle/Tacoma area and they got the MZ6 prices jacked up way over MSRP. For example, they had a loaded 6i that had an MSRP of $25045 and they're asking $27044! Is the MZ6 that rare in WA that they can even dare to ask that much? The Edmunds TMV is around $22800 for that car -- over $4000 less than their asking price...

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: Buying experiences in WA State?

Go into another state! Call other states and tell them that you would like to purchase an Mazda 6 and get the price you want. Then take that price back to the dealer in your state and see if they match it. If not, then go buy it from that dealer. It may be a simple road trip but you will save thousands.

In fact, if they still don't lower the price I would even call Mazdausa and report them. That is just outrageous.

·
Registered
303 Posts

I live in Vancouver, WA close to portland, and I got my car for 22,678 total including tax. but it was bone stock 6s

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

masteryang: Thanks for the reply. Some questions for you, if you don't mind.

- Does Oregon have a sales tax?
- I'm pretty sure I have to pay the WA sales tax when I come to register the car back in WA, correct?
- Any other extra little fees I should be aware of in Oregon?
- Which dealership did you buy from and how did you like it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts

I've spoken to the Mazda dealer in Kirkland, WA. They wouldn't honor S-Plan pricing but weren't second stickering them either. They seemed willing to deal on the 6i's...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Buying experiences in WA State?'

Originally posted by arock

masteryang: Thanks for the reply. Some questions for you, if you don't mind.

- Does Oregon have a sales tax?  
- I'm pretty sure I have to pay the WA sales tax when I come to register the car back in WA, correct?  
- Any other extra little fees I should be aware of in Oregon?
- Which dealership did you buy from and how did you like it?

Thanks![/b]
Actually I didn't buy my car in Portland, OR. but yes, you still need to pay tax after you get you car transfered to WA title.

besides the tax, you have to pay the handling/destination fee

I bought it from Vancouver Mazda Dealer, if you want to buy it from there, please let me know so i can refer you to the sales man there. the dealer I bought it from is pretty easy to find if you want to drive down here from Seattle. all you need to do is stay on I-5 until you hit exit 3 or 4 (it should say 78th st.) and take a left. Their address is

1015 NE 78th St.
Vancouver, WA 98665

The last time I went there was 2 weeks ago, and they still have a lot of Mazda 6i and maybe few 6s. and most of their 6i are fully loaded, some with appearance package and fog lights, and also gold package too. I'm not sure what model and accessories you want, but if i remember correctly, they still have 7 or 8 of them. you can check out their inventory on www.mazdausa.com and go to Build and Buy, then Search Inventory, and type in the zip code above. e-mail me at [email protected] and I can give you more detail information who to contact. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts