Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been looking for a new clutch, but I dont wana spend tons of money. I want at least the next step up from stock, because we all know the stock ones fall apart. I had been looking at a Exedy Stage 1, good price, and seems to fit my needs. But I noticed tons of stuff on ebay, which surpised me. There are act's, and valeo's and others. SOOOOO. what is working for you guys and what isnt?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
clutchmasters fx300 with fidanza flywheel. Absolutely love the combination. definitely get at least a stage 1, I don't trust the OEM clutches.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Ya I dont want OEM. Those flywheels are nice, but I cant justify the money...[/b]
I LOVE it. Plus instead of resurfacing it you can replace just a portion of it. I don't like to resurface anything, it takes away from the strength of the original product imo. Hopefully I won't have to replace my clutch again though.

·
Registered
734 Posts
spec stage 2 (note others have had bad luck with spec but ive always run them) with fidanza flywheel. works great.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exedy stage 1 on the way... It was wayyyyy cheaper than the rest. I will let you know how it goes. I am tempted to try and do a how to, but I am pretty lazy... LOL

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
How much would it cost to have a new clutch installed I don't know about you guys but im not mechanically savvy enough to do that on my own

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
install could range anywhere from about 500-800, depending where you go and if you find a cheap shop. I think I paid around 700 at the dealer when my clutch exploded. My total clutch job with parts was about 1500.

·
Registered
48 Posts
so any updates yet??? i think my clutch is about to go. squeaking noise is getting worse.. im thinking stage 1 or 2 with exedy.. since its my daily drive. i wish i have a beater.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well... The clutch disk itself with the stage one appears to be the same basic material that the stock has. However it has 4 big springs, while the stock has like 6 rubber deals, which may have springs inside(not sure on this). However my buddy said the new presure plate has alot more force than the old one.

Currently my car is in many pieces in his garage, so it is not installed yet. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
fullmetal6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing