Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:drive: i test drove 1 the other day, i love it! its everything i need .

but i cant buy it yet cuase im waiting for my bonus from work to come in. its gunna take 4 months from now till i get it..

my question is, do u still think i can find a 06 by then? i want a good deal like others r getting right now, or i cant afford to buy a brand new 07 :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm willing to bet you can find an 06 still. You might be lucky and run into a very cheap lightly used '06. They are making '07s as well so you'll be okay.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Garuntee you'll find an 06, the thing is, rebates are leaving right after the holidays I think. Then they take most 06's off the lot to put on 07s. Where do u live? Maybe someone on the forum who lives near you could tell u better. It really depends o the dealer and the amount they have available.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Besides....Even if you can't find an 06, If history Repeats itself I am willing to bet the 07's will sell below invoice just as the 06's did...if you think about it All the people who wanted a Mazdaspeed6 got one in 06 and it wasn't selling well.....

Now that all the need of a Mazdaspeed6 has been Nearly satisfied(some people still want one ^_^)
I don't see 07's flying off the lots...We have the advantage as far as haggling goes. be patient man....be patient

·
Registered
998 Posts
Got mine in 05 :)

Come Feb. I doubt you'll find any 06's. The 07's will be out by then.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Garuntee you'll find an 06, the thing is, rebates are leaving right after the holidays I think. Then they take most 06's off the lot to put on 07s. Where do u live? Maybe someone on the forum who lives near you could tell u better. It really depends o the dealer and the amount they have available.
[/b]

Take the '06's off the lot? What do they do with them?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think that it will be slim pickings to get one that you want with the options you want.. Why don't you buy one now and when you get you r bonus refinance the loan and use your bonus as a late downpayment then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that it will be slim pickings to get one that you want with the options you want.. Why don't you buy one now and when you get you r bonus refinance the loan and use your bonus as a late downpayment then.
[/b]

well ok, im selling my 99 eclipse gsx. 35k original miles. i should get at aleast 12,000 at the very least.
i still owe 4k on it so that leaves me 8.

say i find a MS6 for 23k thats a 15,000 loan. i pay that crappy bill for a nother few months till my bonus comes in..

how does refinancing work... if i put say 6 more k down.. thats 9,000 to pay off. so is the amount per month still the original, or does that change as well with refinancing ?

sorry, ive never done it ;)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Sell them to their leasing companies, pocket the discounts and re-sell as used.
[/b]
Are you sure? I ask because leftover RX-8's are easy to find. People were still picking up leftover 2005 models in late summer 2006.

·
Registered
117 Posts
well ok, im selling my 99 eclipse gsx. 35k original miles. i should get at aleast 12,000 at the very least.

say i find a MS6 for 23k thats a 15,000 loan. i pay that crappy bill for a nother few months till my bonus comes in..

how does refinancing work... if i put say 6 more k down.. thats 9,000 to pay off. so is the amount per month still the original, or does that change as well with refinancing ?
[/b]
If you do things right you can get a sport for closer to 22k. That will require you to do MAC financing to the additional 1k in rebates. You should still refi that after the waiting period is over 60-90 days because the best MAC currently gives is about 8%. In your case, you can simply buy it now and refi in 3-4 months for a much lesser amount...

·
Registered
44 Posts
When you refinance you can choose a new term, so that determines the payment. People refinance to get a lower interest rate. If you dont refinance you can still just pay 6k toward the principal and owe 9k on your loan but the payment isn't going to change. Hope that makes sense.

I'm curious why you are selling the gsx? They seem pretty popular on autotrader. Kbb for that car is like 8k but I see people are asking up to $15k for them.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Il put it this way if you hafta finance 15k over a 5 year period the number wont be that bad as long as u get a good finance %, meaning you have a credit score above 600 you should get a good number. Once you get your bonus of 6g and put it to the car yould be looking at 8-8500 to fininace and will be paying alot less a month over the next 5 years. So as long as your willing to pay a little more a month on your car youl be ok. Id presume ur paying close to 300 a month on your current car and once you get rid of that ur payments for that go bye bye. And you will be paying the same if not a little more a month on ur speed. So in all just expect ur monthly payments to go up a tiny bit until you get your bonus and then refinance and youl be looking at a lower number.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
very good information.....take heed, cause if ya knew betta ya do betta.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im paying 200/ month right now for my gsx. i got it alittle over a year ago for 13,000 when it had 15k miles on it.
my credit score last i checked was like 720.

just checked with e-loan, i still owe 6.6k =\

the gsx is great. but my wife is pregnant again, and 2 kids arent gunna fit in the back of that thing.
so i wanted something 4-door.

it was either the:

MS6
STI
or an EVO. and id rather have a unabused ms6 then 1 of the other two that wwere prolly beat the hell outta.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Keep checking dealer inventory on the web to get a sense of what's left and what's not selling.

My tow vehicle is a Yukon XL and I've watched the Chevy/GMC dealers. I can still find a few leftover 2005 Suburbans and a bunch of 2006 ones even though the 07's have been on the lots for 6 months now.

jack

·
Registered
998 Posts

[/b]
Wow.

Not to be an ass, but good luck!

I've seen about 3 dozen GSX's sold within the last year and none of them came close to that amount. Id say if you find someone willing to shell out 9k take it and run.

jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow.

Not to be an ass, but good luck!

I've seen about 3 dozen GSX's sold within the last year and none of them came close to that amount. Id say if you find someone willing to shell out 9k take it and run.

jason
[/b]

think what u want big guy, ive seen 1 sell that had 60k miles for 12.5k, thier like supras, young kids want em, so thier in higher demand. people who want to mod thier car go for mint's like mine.

·
Registered
998 Posts
think what u want big guy, ive seen 1 sell that had 60k miles for 12.5k, thier like supras, young kids want em, so thier in higher demand. people who want to mod thier car go for mint's like mine.
[/b]
Even though its low miles, it's been doing an awful lot of sitting for the past 7 years. Unless you had it in an evnironmentally controlled bubble, the rubbers will be shot soon. But what do I know, I've only sold 3 in the past 2 years.

Jason

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Ok, being that this thread is pretty much kaput, I didnt want to start a new thread but had a question. I am picking up my speed6 tomorrow and I want to know what to check out the gate before I leave the stealership? What else do I need to check? Are there any questions I need to critically ask them before I drive off the lot? Any pertinent information would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts