Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around on craigslist for some time now and I am having a hard time finding what I want. I want a V6 MT, but I am having the hardest time finding a V6 in MT.

I was curious with your guys thoughts on the 4cyl vs the V6 because I find a lot of the 4cyl with MT but I never find the V6. I'm looking to buy a new car in the spring so I'm just trying to research and find exactly what fits me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
QUOTE (MikeTrottermb @ Feb 11 2010, 09:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636426
I have been looking around on craigslist for some time now and I am having a hard time finding what I want. I want a V6 MT, but I am having the hardest time finding a V6 in MT.

I was curious with your guys thoughts on the 4cyl vs the V6 because I find a lot of the 4cyl with MT but I never find the V6. I'm looking to buy a new car in the spring so I'm just trying to research and find exactly what fits me.[/b]
I don't know much about the 4 cylinder, but I love my V6. If you decide to go with the V6, it is a MUST to get the manual transmission. Alot less problems and way more fun to drive. I have the V6 with a manual tranny. It is alot harder to find the MT for a V6, but take your time and don't rush, you'll find one, and when you do be ready to buy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've been looking for a few months and I finally found one and when I called it was already sold. I've been on craiglist everyday and finding a v6 is hard enough and when I find one it's always an automatic. I'm sure I'll find one eventually but I am looking at the V6 vs the 4cyl because I'm assuming I will get more power with less mods with the V6, not really looking to do too much to it but I want some get up and go.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Are you looking for a 1st Gen 6 (03-08) model or new? Have you been searching places other than Craigslist? If not, you aren't seeing all the cars available for sale. I just did a quick search on AutoTrader.com for Mazda6, V6, MTX, and got 125 results across the country. Also, CarMax seems to have several 6's at any given time. You may have better luck by expanding your search.

·
Registered
222 Posts
QUOTE (MikeTrottermb @ Feb 11 2010, 09:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636432
Yeah I've been looking for a few months and I finally found one and when I called it was already sold. I've been on craiglist everyday and finding a v6 is hard enough and when I find one it's always an automatic. I'm sure I'll find one eventually but I am looking at the V6 vs the 4cyl because I'm assuming I will get more power with less mods with the V6, not really looking to do too much to it but I want some get up and go.[/b]
Go with the V6 you will be happy you did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts