Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me..

Which one looks better and gets more looks? I see a few yellows on the road, but no Black with all the sports luxury options like spoiler, side skirts, etc..

:eek:

btw, i'm soo happy im getting a "6".. :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Buying a Mazda 6 Sports Luxury. Cant decide BLACK or CANARY yellow.. plz help!!

I dont want to make the decision for you, but i've give you some considerations.

Black: Its absolutely beautiful with the Mazda6, bring on a sport grille, and you'll be the talk of the town. The problem with the black is, its really difficult to keep clean, so you might like to take that into consideration. Oh ye, i dont know where you live, but dont forget, black absorbs heat!
Here's a picture of a nasty black 6 i found: http://web.singnet.com.sg/~t26j86/Front_06.JPG

Canary Yellow: It's probably one of the best looking colours of the 6 - I guess thats why Mazda uses this colour on all their ads! I had to choose between a yellow 6 or a classic red 6, in the end, i chose the red 6 because it was easier to live with. Dont forget, the canary only really looks good when theres lots of sun. The issue is, the Earth orbits the sun, and winter does exist, so you might need to spend 1/4 of your year with an average looking car. But come summer, it looks absolutely fantastic. Yellow really gives the 6 the aggressive and sporty edge.
http://membres.lycos.fr/mazatenza/images/ph01.jpg

enjoy

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Buying a Mazda 6 Sports Luxury. Cant decide BLACK or CANARY yellow.. plz help!!

I like the black :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reading Topic: Buying a Mazda 6 Sports Luxury. Cant decide BLACK or CANARY yellow.. plz help!!

I'd go black. I'm sick of seeing the yellow already.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Reading Topic: Buying a Mazda 6 Sports Luxury. Cant decide BLACK or CANARY yellow.. plz help!!

Black, I cannot stand yellow cars

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

yea black makes it look like a BMW or even a Lexus .. seroiusly!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts

I bought the Steel Metallic Grey. I didn't like the Black. For some reason it just didn't look right in black. I do like the Yellow though, very unique. It has an aggressive look to it. Get the windows blacked out and lowered and it'll look tight. Saw a yellow one on the road with the same config and it looked very clean. I would have bought the yellow, but my girl was very much against it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

>I would have bought the yellow, but my girl was very much against it.

why???

·
Registered
286 Posts

She just thought it was ugly. The only reason I would have gotten that over the one that I have was they didn't have the Steel Metallic Grey with all the options I wanted on the lot, but did in the yellow. They pulled some strings to get mine to me though, and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
269 Posts

I have had only Black vehicles until now. The 6 looks so sporty in Yellow, I couldn't pass it up. Consider the following (IMHO):

Sporty and aggressive = Yellow
Classy, stealthy, and luxurious = Black

I am buying the 6 because of it's sportiness so I went Yellow :)

Jon

·
Registered
29 Posts

Yes go the Yellow it's very hot and sexy, stands out in a crowd.

·
Registered
65 Posts

My choice came down either to black or silver. Black is still hard to find around here with the Sports Package, so I found a silver with Sport Package and haven't regretted it since.

But I like the Black as well. My last car was black, and I loved it. When it was washed and waxed it looked great, but that would last a day... tops. But it was worth it while it lasted!

The 6 looks good in yellow also, but I felt I'd get tired of such a bright color after a year or so. Plus I also thought about when I attend formal events in my 6 or take out my boss or someone for meeting. It would be a bit too racy for some moments....

·
Registered
25 Posts

I have a Black 6i w/ sport package and love the look. I do garage the car, and am in a covered lot at work. So I can usually get by with washing it every other week with a simple dust on the off weeks. But I do have to clean the damn brake dust every three or four days off the front wheels. I also have to say the yellow looks great too, especially with the sports package.

Good luck on your color choice!

·
Registered
322 Posts

I bought pacific blue, but I saw a black on the road the other day... looks fsweet. Throw a tint on a black car and you got a badass look :)

I initially thought the yellow would be nice, but was recommended against it because it'll look crap when the paint fades ;)

Also I decided against the sports kit because I'm no good at driving slowly over speed humps :p

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

i finally saw canary yellow in person as there was 2 at my dealership.

really sporty flashy depends on ur taste

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Go black, cause the yellow doesn't last - you'll get tired of it. Black is beautiful (but is hard to maintain).

·
Registered
103 Posts

i'd pick black.. its has that everlasting beauty look on the 6 (though you have to clean every soo often) and it is worth it. Yellow is just a bit too bright for me. Peace

·
Registered
146 Posts

I got the silver- which does look BIG- and I like small cars. Saw a black one on the road and it looked GREAT. Although I didn't go with black because it gets dirty so fast and the fact that silver was all they had with the options I wanted. But if i did it again- I would go with a darker car if I could- since they look smaller and the contrast with the dark and the tail lights looks great on the 6.

·
Registered
81 Posts

I've got a yellow one too and I think it's nice.
Although I've seen a charcoal one that was looking very fine.
:cheers

Frank
6s man

1 - 20 of 20 Posts