Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
The only thing I've done recently is install a bluetooth cell phone kit. It's under the dash on the driver side and connects to the fuse box for power. Unless I loosened something by accident while I did that. I would have to see a wiring diagram of the advanced keyless system to know if I even got anywhere near there.
Yeah, but once the request switch is pressed, it uses the proximity sensor to find the keycard. If the sensor is not working, it can't find the key card.
[/b]
But you mentioned that your trunk button works after you push any other request button first. It shouldn't matter because the car will detect the presence of your card everytime you push any request button and it won't respond if it doesn't see your card. So when your trunk button works, the car is picking up ID from your keycard somehow. The question is why wouldn't it detect your card the first time.

The reason why I asked you about your doors being closed or not before is that one time my trunk sensor was frozen from carwash, I thought it was the button first then I realized that the button worked when I had the trunk opened. It was probably one of the other non-frozen sensors picking up the signal without the trunk blocking it.

May be you should remove your bluetooth kit. Pretend that you haven't touched any wiring and let the dealer fix it.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The sensors for the doors will not pick up the key card from behind the trunk. That sensor is above the triangle braces behind the seats.

I shouldn't have to remove the bluetooth kit. It didn't have anything to do with anything.

Does anyone have the wiring schematics for the advanced keyless?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Stop feeding the trolls! Everytime you respond to his posts, he wins. That's his job, to get you riled up and reply to his ramblings.

1. Click on My Controls at the top of the page.

2. Click on Manage Ignored Users on the menu on the left.

3. Type "Scott4083" into one of the "Add new users to your list" fields.

4. Click on Update Ignored Users.

And then you don't have to see any of the crap he posts. This is perfectly acceptable because he has never, and I believe, will never post anything worth reading. [/b]

yeah, but if I'm really hard up for amusement his posts are always entertaining. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I just went out to B & R for ice cream and hit the trunk switch first and it worked, what gives?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The car must like B & R.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I shouldn't have to remove the bluetooth kit. It didn't have anything to do with anything.
[/b]
Are you sure? I know if I have my FOB near my cell, it doesn't work a lot of the time. You don't think it's possible the bluetooth kit, which sends out it's own signals, might interfere?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I don't remember if my cell was on me, but I know that I had the fob in my hand, not my pocket. How could they make these things if cell phone interefere with the signal? Doesn't everyone keep both cell phones and keyfobs in their pockets? My other 2 request switches always work, cell phone or not.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The Advanced Keyless Entry is affected by several factors commonlly it seems.

1. Rain. Whenever this area has gotten several consecutive days of rain it seems the request button would stop working occasuionally. Not to say that it always stops when it's raining, but it seems to happen when raining. My first logical conclusion was that water was getting in somehow, which was affirmed by a user here who had theirs replaced by the dealer for water intrusion. However, my request keys have always started working again on their own. Apparently when the dried out.

2. The trunk. Several people have had their trunk sensor replaced. I have never had a problem with mine. One possible problem may be a weak battery in the fob.

3. Key fob. It seems that the best place to carry the fob is in the wallet. I've carried mine in my wallet for the past 10 months and I have never had a problem other than the 'water' issue above. It's convenient to have there since I never forget it, unless I forget my wallet (which has my Driver's license). Most of the issues I have read here seem to come from users who carry the fob in their hand or pocket. I have yet to read any major issues from people who have it in their wallet. perhaps the fob is sensitive to signals from cell phones?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Don't forget the signal loss in colder temperatures because of the density in the air.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Once you get in the car, does the car start without taking the key out?

If the key starts by you just turning the knob, then you're in the clear
-I had to get my "Intelligence Keyless entry" system replaced. From the software to the hardware.

If its only the buttons outside the are not working then its the buttons, not the system/key fob
What did it cost to have this software/hardware process done ? I think this is what mine needs. Thanks

41 - 51 of 51 Posts