Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
You don't need to carry a key around with you. There is one in the damn fob.
[/b]
How would Scott 4083 know that? He's a troll, with not a shred of evidence that he drives, or has driven, a MS6. He's just a pot stirrer, so ignore him.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The buttons should work - rain or shine! I can't believe you guys are making excuses for Mazda
[/b]
Exactly right. You'll get called a troll because you point out a problem with the car. These dumbasses like "YoMama69" (<-- idiot name by the way) want to pretend that Mazda builds cars with absolutely no flaws.

Face it, a keyless entry system that fails when it rains is garbage.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mine works rain or shine. It didn't work once when it was frozen.

Take it to the dealership to get it fixed. You might want to find out which is the source of the problem first though, the sensor, the button or the lock mechanism itself. Guys at dealership might not have a clue of what is going on since this feature is kinda new in Mazda vehicles.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Exactly right. You'll get called a troll because you point out a problem with the car. These dumbasses like "YoMama69" (<-- idiot name by the way) want to pretend that Mazda builds cars with absolutely no flaws.

[/b]
I'm sorry, I don't recall any automobile that is made to perfection. Oh, yeah, maybe because perfection is only an unattainable goal. I'm not going to bitch and complain about every little inconvenience in the world. In doing so, I stated the non-issue. It's a non-issue because it won't yield any kind of warranty repair. It's a known fact that electronics don't work properly under heavily moist conditions and they don't work at all when they are frozen. If it's not a known fact, i'm terribly sorry. Maybe, Scott, if you got off your mommy's tit and tried to learn something, you'd know these things. Stop being such a fucking Debbie Downer. Waaaa waaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts

[/b]
Hey Scott...newsflash...you aren't called a troll because you "point out a problem with the car". :nana:

Oh wait...did you start this thread? Did you start a thread about the keyless entry system when you had a problem with your Speed 6? All I see in this thread is a couple of worthless posts by you...I wouldn't call that that "pointing out a problem"... Also, please point out, with your superior intelligence, who said Mazda builds cars that have "absolutely no flaws"?

:sarc:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

[/b]
There is no such thing as a car without flaws, that's not even being questioned. I guess I don't understand your reasoning for even being here, if you are convinced the car is such a piece of crap, unless your idea of a fulfilling hobby is to bang the drum in forums like this one.

I somehow doubt the original design of the door lock switch included letting water disable it. If that's happening then it needs to be fixed, period. If it's a widespread problem then it should be the subject of a recall or TSB (one could consider a door lock system that malfunctions a safety hazard and as such it would qualify as a recall issue).

If you hate the car that much Scott, perhaps a different forum might be more relaxing to you, and less stressful to the people here who are probably sick and tired of you telling them time and time again what crappy cars they were stupid enough to buy. I'm sure they also appreciate you calling them dumb asses because you don't like the alias they've chosen to represent themselves here.

Just a thought.....................

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
DennisW -

I agree with your post, but I wouldn't quite call it a safety hazard. It's not like the door remains locked, or you are locked out if that happened. There are three ways to unlock the car from the outside...the button that may or may not be having moisture issues on the door handle, the unlock button on the FOB, and finally, a key.

I agree if it turns out the door handle buttons can stop working in heavy moisture conditions, there should be a TSB, and it should be fixed by Mazda...

:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I agree if it turns out the door handle buttons can stop working in heavy moisture conditions, there should be a TSB, and it should be fixed by Mazda...
:)
[/b]

My thoughts exactly.... ;)

·
Registered
851 Posts
scott: the problem is not with the keyless entry system, the problem is with the drivers side button. but if you would had search....oh my god i said the s word.....you would know that this is a common problem. so considering you have the key fob to open the door or the key...oh my we have to actually show some effort to open a door...forbid the thought...you wanted to stir the pot so deal with the come backs....obviously you know nothing about the ms6 and don't own one so get the sand out of your vagina and your head out of your ass and go back under the bridge. this is a first year run car if their is problems go get it fixed, that's why we have a warrenty. deal with it....

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've had my drivers button replaced.

The tech told me Mazda is aware of problems with water getting in. In my case the water went inside the wire insulation and made its way into the wire harness. They replaced the whole harness.

I've had buttons stop working occasionly and start working again. Currently my trunk button isn't working...

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I've had my drivers button replaced.

The tech told me Mazda is aware of problems with water getting in. In my case the water went inside the wire insulation and made its way into the wire harness. They replaced the whole harness.

I've had buttons stop working occasionly and start working again. Currently my trunk button isn't working... [/b]
Glad to hear they fixed it for you, and if they are aware of it, I'm sure they are working on something to fix the issue for good. The trunk one surprises me though. The way it's oriented, I'd think it would be the least affected by moisture...unless it gets stuck in there and can't get out...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
so get the sand out of your vagina and your head out of your ass..........

[/b]

Good Grief, I'm not sure which one of those would be more painful :tear:

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Good Grief, I'm not sure which one of those would be more painful :tear:
[/b]
His head in his vagina and sand in his ass?

:huh:

·
Registered
851 Posts
i brought up the issue to the master tech at my dealership. i will check tommorow when i drop off my car to see if anything is being done on the corporate side of things. they have replaced mine and sealed the exposed ends up on the harnesses

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Stop feeding the trolls! Everytime you respond to his posts, he wins. That's his job, to get you riled up and reply to his ramblings.

1. Click on My Controls at the top of the page.

2. Click on Manage Ignored Users on the menu on the left.

3. Type "Scott4083" into one of the "Add new users to your list" fields.

4. Click on Update Ignored Users.

And then you don't have to see any of the crap he posts. This is perfectly acceptable because he has never, and I believe, will never post anything worth reading.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Glad to hear they fixed it for you, and if they are aware of it, I'm sure they are working on something to fix the issue for good. The trunk one surprises me though. The way it's oriented, I'd think it would be the least affected by moisture...unless it gets stuck in there and can't get out...
[/b]
I wash my car in one of those do it yourself places. The back was covered in filth and I sprayed a little more than usual.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I guess this must be a common problem.
My trunk courtesy button stopped working most of the time.
The outside courtesy buttons on both doors still work fine.
Is this a "quick fix" at the dealer?
Or will it have to spend the day
?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I think my proximity sensor in the trunk stopped working. The request switch only works when one of the other request switches are pressed first, thus acknowledging the key fob.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think my proximity sensor in the trunk stopped working. The request switch only works when one of the other request switches are pressed first, thus acknowledging the key fob.
[/b]
Your problem is kinda weird. The car should ping the keycard for ID everytime you push the request button. I just tested it out. The keycard responded by flashing the little red light. I'm not sure why your trunk button would work like that.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The only thing I've done recently is install a bluetooth cell phone kit. It's under the dash on the driver side and connects to the fuse box for power. Unless I loosened something by accident while I did that. I would have to see a wiring diagram of the advanced keyless system to know if I even got anywhere near there.

Your problem is kinda weird. The car should ping the keycard for ID everytime you push the request button. I just tested it out. The keycard responded by flashing the little red light. I'm not sure why your trunk button would work like that.
[/b]
Yeah, but once the request switch is pressed, it uses the proximity sensor to find the keycard. If the sensor is not working, it can't find the key card.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts