Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Speed 6 yesterday and after getting home noticed a pretty heavy burnt clutch smell. The car had 20 miles on it when I got it, I guess I was wondering if this was normal to a brand new Speed 6 as I never had this in my V6 5speed

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the same smell and still do more than 2,000 miles later. I spoke with multiple people, including Mazda and the fellows at CPE. They both said the same thing that you're simply breaking the car in and the corresponding smell may continue for a few thousand miles. If you go for a drive, pop the hood and smell just right of the IC cover's back right side. For some reason, that's where the smell seems to be the strongest. Wait till you change your CAI and and start working through the gears more....it wreaks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine is roughly 6000 miles and after a try of a fast start I got the same very bad smelt. So I guess it came from the clutch !

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thought it "could" be other smells... I'm going to agree with most... its the clutch.... If I ride hard on the car at all... I get the same smell... "sometimes"....

I LOVE this car... However... It seems like a lazy cow every so often... Yesterday I felt as if I had 300+ HP... and nothing could stop me... car responded perfectly... no smell... no "stalling" or "lack of power" feel...

Day before... I was racing around town... and it seemed as if no matter what I did.. the car just wouldn't go... I'd start off slowly... get to about 3,000 rpm's in 2nd... floor it.. and it would just.. Meh.. do nothing....

Anyway... it seems like just about every hard launch I attempt.. clutch smells.... I love the tranny and the way the clutch feels in this car... but IMO It can't handle the power the engine puts out.... and the AWD setup... Think.. EVO's... their clutch burns out after what.. 60,000 ?

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Go to a Mazda ZoomZoom Live event. You will def smell burnt Clutches all day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts