Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all about the weak clutch, but I was wondering...do you guys get a burning smell from the clutch regularly after normal driving? I've only had the car a couple days, so have been driving VERY conservatively, but have been getting what I fear is a burning clutch smell intermittently. The clutch hasn't started slipping yet, but I'm sure it will. I've been driving clutches ever since I was 14, and my '93 Nissan pickup had 150,000 miles on the original clutch, and that's with my siser and I both learning on it, so I'm sure I know how to drive one (I know, you have heard this before). Basically, is the burning clutch smell normal and something I just have to live with??

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I'm willing to bet you've got a little oil on your exhaust manifold, especially if you just had the oil changed. It happens every time mine is done, and it goes away in a few days. Hang in there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will do. Guess I'm getting a little paranoid about this...I need to just accept it for what it is and enjoy the car, because it sure is fun to drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
not unless you burn rubber bro... if ur conservative then its somethin else - i get the smell + clutch slippin after a good hard run... but normal daily driving.. nah its prolley oil, or if u had it sprayed for winter then maybe thats it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
chistiy_hahol
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing