Mazda 6 Forums banner

Bumper damage

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  MAFO 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!
Wondering if some of you can help me out a bit. Got some damage to the bumper, but I was wondering if I need to replace the hole bumper. Can't find any red bumper that are being sold.
Any tips would be appreciated
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Cloud Vehicle

See less See more
#4 ·
Thats a 2nd Gen, i have a 1st Gen.

#11 ·
That's a 2G, but there were two 2G models. The World version which is what the majority of the world got. Then there was the North American version which is a bit wider and longer than the World version. This car is a World hatchback. So, my car is a North American sedan. Almost completely different. That said, the damaged section seems to be a separate piece from the actual bumper (mine is a single piece in this area). I'm thinking that the black part can be plastic welded back in place. You can get plastic weld kits online for less than $30. As for the reflector, you might be able to find it at a junkyard (they will all be the same colour). It should be a fun project and one that I would tackle. Shouldn't be too difficult at all.

#12 ·
I'm thinking that the black part can be plastic welded back in place.
I concur, something like this. Just do it from the back side so its not as apparent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.