Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just called the dealer yesterday to confirm my order and see if there was a build date. Well, guess what? No build date, because the car was never ordered! Grrrr... seems the General Manager left for another job, and he had told my salesman that the car had been ordered. But when the salesman talked to the new GM, there was no evidence that the car had been ordered. 2 other people suffered the same fate as well. :(

Now I'm trying to see if I can locate a ready-made vehicle elsewhere, and the dealer is also seeing if he can locate one.

Wahhhhh!

P.S. Mazda's new web site is sloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... at least the vehicle inventory search function is.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Bummer! :(

Try to think positive. Maybe there is a 'higher' reason behind all of this. The car you ordered could have probably turned out to be a lemon or something bad would have happened to you with it. :)

Sorry, I don't know any other way to lighten you up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Driver6, you raise some good points. Still doesn't make it any less disappointing, though. :)

On the bright side, though, I talked to the dealer again today, and they have located 2 other vehicles nearby. For those familiar with the area, I am in San Diego, the dealer is in Glendale (near Los Angeles); and the locations of the other cars are in Cerritos and Culver City. Both vehicles are *almost* exactly what I want: 5-speed manual, V6, steel grey, Sport and Bose packages. One of them has the cassette player but not the auto-dim mirror, and the other has the mirror but no cassette. In either case, though, the missing option(s) can be added on.

Hopefully, the price he quoted me will still hold true as well. He's going to let me know by tomorrow evening the exact specs, and when he can have them there.

There is also one due in sometime soon at a local dealer in San Diego. That one doesn't have the cassette or auto-dim mirror, but it showed a code "SPG" on it, which I believe is the sport grille. That would be cool! Unfortunately, going through them, I'd pay MSRP (they don't want to wheel & deal with me); plus the cost of the cassette and mirror. So I think I'll stick with the one in Glendale.

Keep yer fingers crossed for me! :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The longer you wait, the longer it's new! (And besides, the best - although hardest - part with a new car is the wait...).

After a while, it's just "the car" again...the magic's gone.

But the fun won't be. I've had my 6 for five months now, and it's still a joy every day!

·
Registered
315 Posts

Auto mirror is extremely easy to put in and the dealer can install the cassette if you MUST have it.
I don't use cassette anymore so I don't need it and am glad Mazda left it out as an option only.

Get the car, the mirror you can put it yourself for less money. Get the car from the dealer willing to give the best price. Also, make sure you let them know you are compromising on what you want by buying what they have thus you want a lower price and/or the items you want added in. Hey, they'll try to make as much as they can on your sale, thus be prepared to negociate.

Tome

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bummer turned Not Bummer! :)

Good news!

You may recall me writing a while back saying a dealer I was working with in the L.A. area had screwed up and did not order my Steel Gray 6s... well, got an update. They seemed to be jerking me around, so I bailed on them and talked to one of the local dealers. They had a Glacier Silver 6s coming in the way I wanted it configured on April 14, and a Steel Gray 6s coming sometime in May.

I had never seen the Silver in person, and today I went to the dealer to drive a black 6s with the Sport package, since I had not driven a 6s with the Sport package before. While I was there, I saw a silver 6s, manual, but without any extras. It looked great! So I decided to put a deposit down on the silver 6s that's due in on April 14. So I'll get my car sooner than I thought; woohoo! :D

By the way, does anyone know where on Mazda's web site you can check the status of your vehicle by VIN?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Silver :D Nice nice :D
What's the difference between silver contrail and Glacier Silver? Or is it the same color but different names?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replying to Topic 'Bummer! :('

Originally posted by Blackbird

Silver :D Nice nice :D  
What's the difference between silver contrail and Glacier Silver? Or is it the same color but different names?[/b]
I'd imagine it's the same, just different names. Glacier Silver is the U.S. name; where is Silver Contrail located?

·
Registered
837 Posts

Don't know for sure if it is the same or not, Silver Contrail and Glacier Silver, but same as you future6owner, I chose the silver because it means I get to be in the car sooner and the silver is just stunning in the lights. I think the Steel Gray/Dark Grey looks better in a lower lighting situation. Putting the Steel Gray/Dark Grey in the sunlight is not as brilliant as the Silver IMHO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replying to Topic 'Bummer! :('

Originally posted by hieppo

Putting the Steel Gray/Dark Grey in the sunlight is not as brilliant as the Silver IMHO.[/b]
And the lighter the color, the less it shows dirt. :D

·
Registered
837 Posts

EXACTOMUNDO!!!

It is snowing here today. Damn even Mother Nature is fooling us today on April 1st. I had my car all clean until I had to take it out this morning to drive to work.

Luckily it is not too bad on my nice clean SILVER car. :D

·
Registered
980 Posts

Yeah, it's like one big joke. I hope this doesn't continue because last year we had snow up till the end of April.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts