Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 was kissed by a semi that wasn't paying attention and needed some repairs. Interested in something different, I decided to go with an aftermarket bumper. So it would match, I ordered the full kit from TSP Racing in California. It arrived in reasonable time, but wow, I was disappointed upon opening the box. I understand fiberglass kits have some flaws, but this one really needed some work. The corroded "chicken wire" used as mesh on the front bumper further detracted from its quality.

I took the kit to a reputable body shop that specializes in fiberglass and body kits. He said they could fix it up, but he was concerned about the fit. A full day was spent on it. Neither the front, nor the back bumper fits in an even remotely acceptable way. I called the TSP guys and he said something about it maybe being for a Japanese spec, "but they're not sure" and I would have to mod my front end supports. These supports not only support the radiator, but the body shop guy said it would be unsafe to work on these. It would be nice if the website stated the kit was not for an NA vehicle. Then they couldn't sell this poor quality stuff to people.

TSP said they would take the kit back if I paid shipping. They were already closed when I called to say I don't want it. Best case scenario at this point is I lose a lot of money on shipping, plus the wasted time. Worst case, I get burned on the whole deal. I'll see how it goes.

Has anyone here had a good experience with Mazda 6 body kits that fit and are decently manufactured?

·
Registered
814 Posts
you got any pics of what it looks like...even if it isn't on your car?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you got any pics of what it looks like...even if it isn't on your car?
[/b]
I'll try to get some as soon as I can. The bodyshop is about 30 min away.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I was just curious because I didnt see any on TSP website for the 6, and although it sucks that it would require so much extra work...it might be badass to have a different kit than what has become the norm. good luck...and I feel your pain...there is no quality control these days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to get some as soon as I can. The bodyshop is about 30 min away.
[/b]
http://www.tspracing.com

Here's the quote from their website:

"Mazda 6 Cyber complete kit
-New clean design
-Great quality (<-- yeah right)
Click Here "

There are some pics on the website.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
that is terrible,the car in the photo on their website almost looks photoshopped.you could contact the better buisness bureau since it says a mazda 6 not an atenza which is japanese spec.I would try to make them eat the freight since they don't appear to have any disclaimers about their product.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
same design,different manufacturer.Fiberglass is very cheap to make vs.urethane,carbon fiber,sheetmetal,etc.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
so what's the difference then you can have the same design by different companies? i never knew that.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
That would be a non-US spec Mazda they have in that picture, and also why the kit won't fit your car. This is their fault for not telling you it was for the J-spec car, make them pay for all shipping and hell take em for your wasted time while you at it. The company should not be selling a product it doesn't know enough about to figure out it won't fit the US spec car.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i wouldn't even consider that kit........but try to strike a deal with the company....i'd be pissed off.....

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
so what's the difference then you can have the same design by different companies? i never knew that.
[/b]
look at how company's make an autoexe style kit

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
get yer money back and buy a different kit.
one that members recomend like autoexe or a kit someone actualy has.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Haha, they will take it back if you pay freight. Tell him you are calling the better business bureau in their tate for false advertising and non disclosure. They can't screw you over like that. If they are non willing, take them to small claims court or threaten to do so. Its such bs for them to try and rip you off like that. Don’t take it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That would be a non-US spec Mazda they have in that picture, and also why the kit won't fit your car. This is their fault for not telling you it was for the J-spec car, make them pay for all shipping and hell take em for your wasted time while you at it. The company should not be selling a product it doesn't know enough about to figure out it won't fit the US spec car.
[/b]
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not enough of an expert to tell the difference between J-spec and NA. It doesn't even fit around the headlights correctly and this explains it. Other websites actually state if their kits are for J-spec. TSP doesn't and they're fighting me, saying their disclaimer states that I, "may have to modify the part." Well, this part can't be modified enough. It flat out doesn't work. Avoid TSP.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
get yer money back and buy a different kit.
one that members recomend like autoexe or a kit someone actualy has.
[/b]
I can only find the autoexe kit on body-kit.com. After reading the posts under their section, I'm scared of that company, too. (which is why I didn't buy from them in the first place) Post after post containing stuff such as "haven't responded in a month" "waiting on part for three months" "phone number doesn't work" etc.

I also know that autoexe, while good stuff, is manufactured in Japan. This makes me think it might also be J-spec and the people sporting it made some sort of sacrifice on their cars for it.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
that is why accolade made the kit for our cars.....the guy doing the group buy on a bumper cover and eyelids is reputable and has good customer service.he replies to his emails.i have spoken with him several times.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
*Sigh* I hate to see shit like this happen... but it kinda comes down to.. "told ya so"... Gotta do research and get info on a company if you don't see them being widly used...

Costs someone 40 bucks a MOST a year to host a website... and they can just as easily list parts they don't stock... and have no clue at all what they are or how they work... basically some ass-hat selling shit on ebay he finds at garage sales...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts