Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
the plane is an engineering marvel and all that and i can respect that. but the plane is just too big. they brag about putting a bar in the plane or some other real cool thing but in reality the airlines will put the 800 people or w/e the max is and you have a big ass airBUS. like the route Boeing went w/ the 787 better.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i remember seeing a show on how they made this a couple years back! it was pretty crazy how close the plane parts came to the buildings when it had to go through small towns.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the plane is an engineering marvel and all that and i can respect that. but the plane is just too big. they brag about putting a bar in the plane or some other real cool thing but in reality the airlines will put the 800 people or w/e the max is and you have a big ass airBUS. like the route Boeing went w/ the 787 better.
[/b]

My beef is that it's fucking ugly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i remember seeing a show on how they made this a couple years back! it was pretty crazy how close the plane parts came to the buildings when it had to go through small towns.
[/b]
Yeah that seems to me to be real retarded... I mean do they have to bring all those parts through the towns each time they build another plane? They coulda picked a better location if they were already going to drop a whole lotta cash on building the hanger..
I know they import the pre built parts from all over Europe, but damn you don't see Boeing bringing parts of fuselages through the middle of Seattle! They have a dedicated railroad for that stuff, etc..

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Egad, all I can think about watching that video is how expensive the assembly of those parts must be. Look at all the specialized machines and lifts they have!
[/b]
hah, me and my friend were joking that even the janitors of the facility had degrees in waste management.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I think that's exactly what socal thought. ;)
[/b]

LMAO... thats way below the belt... haha. Dont be another hockeye :)

As far as the Airbus... i dont care. Whatever makes my tickets cheaper... THe only thing that bothers me is if it has an accident and the size of the tragedy. 555 seats? Theres quarter the number of people killed in 9/11 rig there.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I know they import the pre built parts from all over Europe, but damn you don't see Boeing bringing parts of fuselages through the middle of Seattle! They have a dedicated railroad for that stuff, etc..[/b]
Boeing moves an entire 737 fuselage in one piece from Wichita KS to Seattle WA an average of once every single day. And it's been doing it for 35 years. And though they don't come through the middle of Seattle, they come through the middle of dozens of cities and towns on the route. Not on roads, no, but on the regular ol' rails that all the other stuff moves on, nothing 'dedicated'. My company is the ones that moves them, and we just moved the 5000th one just a couple months ago. If Boeing can't justify moving assembly for a plane that sells 5000 units, you know Airbus can't move it for such an incredibly low-volume plane like the A380.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
21 Participants
ZoomZoom Diva
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing