Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

Also quoted on leftlanenews.com:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda6.html

"The Mazda6 will be available in two basic trim levels once it hits U.S. dealers — Mazda6 i and Mazda6 s. The Mazda6 i will be available in SV, Sport, Touring and Grand Touring trim levels while the Mazda6 s will be available in Sport, Touring and Grand Touring trim levels — the details of which are listed below per Mazda6Club.com."

·
Registered
978 Posts
who the f*** would buy that light blue? that has MaryK and Avon written all over it :barf: Did anyone notice the mpg ratings of the v6? 25 hwy/ 17 city which is basically what our 212 hp v-6 is getting. Not bad considiering it has 60 more hp. Too bad they didn't list the weight of the car though...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
They should be somewhere around a similar weight to the current car, or perhaps a slight increase. Either way Im certain they will come in below the weight of the current speed6 with the same power.

Without a MTX option for the v6 paired with a ~$30k price tag, I wont be getting another mazda6 in the future as of right now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You know what option I don't see? The crappy upgraded BOSE sound system. That suprises me, but maybe the "6 speaker soud system" is the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm glad they put nearly all the features from the loaded V6 model into the loaded 4-banger model, including Xenon headlights. :drive:

With gas prices the way they are, and likely to stay well above $3.00 a gallon, the 4-banger looks like the way to go.

At this point, I'm willing to sacrifice the omphh of a V-6 for the efficiency of a 4-banger, especially if the 6i Grand Touring looks IDENTICAL to the 6s Grand Touring on the outside and inside.

Kudos to Mazda for thinking ahead in this respect. :yesnod:

Yet the styling does leave something to be desired. The front sort of looks like a '99 Taurus with a Joker grin, or even a 2008 Lexus ES sort of... and I hate that car.

The styling is doing nothing to silence the call of the Mazdaspeed3 to me....

·
Registered
3 Posts
are they using Ford engine again in the V6?[/b]

Yeah both the engine configs are ford engines for the most part. the only reall different is in the tune the give the car. the v6 is the same one they have in the lincon MkZ, the mercury version, and the Fusion. It's one of those thing mazda has done for a while. Both the engines are from the Duratec family. The V6 is getting better over the years since is a copy fomr the Yamaha 3.0, and 3.2 liters. IT's finally a decent for V6 compared to the old vvulcan 3.0L. IT's not that inpressive though. with the last couple of years fors has had the proble of cams going flat. Oh joy can you say similia to the old 2.5L turds ford made.

As much as I hate to say this they make a good car for stock trim, but still not modder friendly. Also some differences between thithe 6 and other Ford versions is of course a sprt suppension package, and shorter final drive ratio. THis is something they have done on all the mazda cars that have a Ford sister car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
who the f*** would buy that light blue? that has MaryK and Avon written all over it :barf: Did anyone notice the mpg ratings of the v6? 25 hwy/ 17 city which is basically what our 212 hp v-6 is getting. Not bad considiering it has 60 more hp. Too bad they didn't list the weight of the car though...[/b]
Yeah, probably no one in Chapel Hill would want it, or LA. And certainly no girls. Girls never buy the Mazda6! :huh:

·
Registered
54 Posts
How are you guys surprised by this? We've known about it for quite a long time.[/b]
Either way, its worth pointing out since the GT trim is up to ~$30k sticker...
On paper the GT is looking similar to the current speed6 (sans AWD).

·
Administrator
8,432 Posts
Aviboy97 posted this in another forum, but I thought it deserved to be posted here as well.

Hey everyone,

Here is some more Mazda6 info for ya....

The Bose Audio system will be a 333 watt system with 10 speakers and surround sound.

There will be auto dimming side view mirrors on all GT trims.

3.7L V6 has 269lb tq

The 2.5L PZEV engine will be 168hp 166 lb tq, not 170hp and 167tq.

High mount double wishbone from susp. and e-type multi link in the rear.

Mazda claims that they have improved, yes, improved, Mazda6s' handling over the outgoing model. That's great news.

It also boasts 16.6 cu. ft. of trunk space, over 2 cu. ft. more trunk space then Accord and Camry. I have a feeling that our new 6 got quite a bit bigger. However, it apparently handles better. That's an amazing feat.[/b]
I hope they took what they learned from the MS3 concerning torque steer and apply it to the 6. I like the large trunk as well, it'll help me to carry more bodies... uhh, construction equipment. Yeah, that's it, construction equipment... :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You know what option I don't see? The crappy upgraded BOSE sound system. That suprises me, but maybe the "6 speaker soud system" is the upgrade.[/b]
I think it was included with the one of the convenience packages. I just built up a V6 and 4i with a bunch of different options and it looked like the Bose system was included in the grand touring trim level which was the only way to get full leather....

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just came from the build you 6 Mazda site. If I were to get one of these it would probably be a sport i or the touring i (gas mileage, stick and price), then I go to chose a color and there all of four exterior colors (all with black cloth interiors) black, red, silver and grey WTF. If you go with the 6s then you jump up to nine exterior colors, again WTF. Why do you have to opt for the V-6 just to get decent color choices, one of the best features of the original 6 was the great color choices.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts