Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple winters ago, my rims were very badly neglected. I used a scotch brite pad to clean them because it worked. Now they're scratched up.

What tools and products should I use to buff the scraches and oxidation away? I'm talking spinning tools here; no elbow grease. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What type of rims? If OE, they're clear coated and you scratched the clear, which is a plasticized urethane.

If non-coated, you could use an aluminum polish and something like our PowerBall.

I've seen folks repair clearcoated rims with a PowerBall and a mild polish, followed by a plastic polish, which is appropriate to the rim finish.

Have any close up pics of the rims, by chance?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would definitly say use the powerball..it does wonders. I have gun metal 18" msr's...with a chrome lip, and i had some bad water marks on the rims...the powerball with a good polish made them look like new again. With very little effort. I would suggest having a extra battery for your drill charging though..lol, i didnt and it was a pain in the butt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
benbevan
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing