Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been on this forum for 6 months now and decided to make a thread about my first car. Thanks to anyone who responded to my nooby threads and questions. Parents spoiled me and got this car for me a little after my 16th birthday. Then found this forum and got into cars. Loved getting parts in the mail and installing them. Neither of my parents knew anything about cars or car parts so learning was left up to me and I loved learning how to install parts and doing mods on my own. Not looking for performance mods or anything major just cosmetic mods. Will update this every once in a while when I buy new parts or get better pictures. So far here is the list:

Already Done:

Suspension/Wheels/Tires
  • Pirelli P0 215/50/R17
  • XXR 530 Wheels Chromium Black 17x7 +35
  • MEGAN springs
  • KYB GR-2 Struts
Exterior:
  • Shark Fin Antenna
  • Led Spoiler w/ Brake Light
  • LED Reverse Bulbs
  • 35% Window Tint
  • Red Emblems
  • Evil M Emblem
  • Tinted Tail Lights/Reflectors/Side Markers
  • White LED License Plate Lights
  • DDM 6000k HIDs
  • Door Guard Delete
  • License Plate Covers
  • Painted Calipers Red
  • Clear sidemarkers w/ red LEDs
  • Rally Armor Mud Flaps
  • Vintage Gold plasti dipped wheels
  • Red Plasti-Dipped Rear Emblems
  • Magnaflow Performance Mufflers
  • 3" Stainless Muffler Tips
  • Sti Lip
  • Eyelids
  • Fog Lights w/ 3k HID's and yellow film tint
  • Spyder LED Tail lights
Interior/Engine:
  • Red overhead/door lights
  • 7 Color LED Footwell Lights
  • Strut Bar
  • Cold Air Intake
This is the closest pic to stock

Spoiler

Tinted Tail Lights

Most recent pics with the XXR wheels and a better camera

Post Winter Pics:

Springtime w/ Exhaust Pics:

Recent pic as of 7/3/14

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car's looking good. Congrats to you for getting in there and learning about how to do your own automotive work. The internet has certainly made DIY auto maintenance much easier! So what prompted you to stick with 17s instead of upsizing to 18s?
One word, PARENTS, neither are into cars and when I bought the car 6 months ago the dealership put new tires on it so they just had to keep the new tires so even though I had the money I couldn't upgrade to 18x8.75 like I wanted too...But whatever, wheels still look nice to me

·
Registered
22 Posts
One word, PARENTS, neither are into cars and when I bought the car 6 months ago the dealership put new tires on it so they just had to keep the new tires so even though I had the money I couldn't upgrade to 18x8.75 like I wanted too...But whatever, wheels still look nice to me
This is a couple pics i took of my rolled fenders so you can see there is no rubbing in the tires as they look new still. I got 18 xxr530 35+ offset.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't been on here in a while with the winter. Couple new mods. Did airbox mod, rally armor mud flaps, all emblems plasti dipped red, today I plasti dipped the wheels vintage gold. They turned out really nice but need to redo them in a few weeks because of some bubbles and mistakes I made. Had an sti lip on but it broke off so looking to buy that some red footwell leds and exhaust soon. Here's a pic from today and yes I know there is a little overspray on the tire

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya they look good. Im thinking about getting some. How much you pay for them?

I got them from rallyarmor.com. Look at the universal ones and they have cheap ones for 25 or really nice ones for 125...i have the $25 ones. When u put them on the front ones need cut so you can turn the wheels without it hitting the flaps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks so good! curious on what you did to get the rear lights like you did? but so awesome dude! keep up the mods :seeya:
Thanks! and are you talking about how they are really dark? I used vht nightshades. If you look it up on youtube there are a ton of videos on it and how to do it properly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts