Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several bucking/hesitation threads on this site and others with either no solution or no relation to my problem.

I recently purchased an 06 Ms6 with 68000 miles. The car bucks and hesitates while slowly accelerating in second and third gear from 2000 to 3500 rpm. It doesn't do it under hard acceleration, only while city driving. The issue is only present when the car is up to temp as well.
My fuel pressure is at approx 1450psi and holds steady. I have also cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced the spark plugs. Both the MAF and TPS provide smooth and steady readings as well. The next step I think should be to replace the upper O2 sensor. Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had the same problem a long while back. I believe this was a TSB that I had done. I had similar symptoms to yours, but mine was more live a wavy hesitation than bucking. I turned out the front O2 sensor was bad. After replacement I was good to go.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Coil pack(s)?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
did you gap the spark plugs properly?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is in all gears but more noticeable in 2-3 I know it's sensor/fuel control related.
Plugs are gapped properly and spark doesn't seem to be an issue it's not a misfire.
It feels like when you dump the clutch at a low rpm and you get the bouncy hesitation.
If you take off smooth it comes in at 2000 and goes away at 3500 rpm with constant throttle around 25%.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
you sure its not an effect of the dual mass flywheel, releasing the clutch at low rpm? my car bounces too if im rolling in first at low parking lot speeds if if let off the clutch a bit too much

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can put the car into second around 2000rpm and it will be smooth then it starts to buck all the way to 3500 then smooths out. If i lay into the throttle past 50% it goes away. If I let off it goes away. It's annoying taking corners and following people from redlights. I know what you mean about the dual mass flywheel, I do feel the effect of it from the fuel cut or whatever is going on. It feels like it's dampening the jerky engine output. I will take a cell phone vid and post it tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can make it do this up a small incline as long as i hold steady load/speed/throttle for a long period of time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a clip sorry it's pretty crappy but should give an idea of what i'm dealing with. turn the volume up. It shakes me and my passenger back and forth in the seat. I started in second around 1500rpm and rolled into the problem area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts