Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulling my hair out as I'm recovering from double hernia surgery last Tuesday. I'm only in week 1 out of 6 weeks recovery. Can't lift, drive or work so I'm trying to get myself familiar with the 6's wiring diagrams whilst I'm an invalid...

Plenty of time to read but am I thinking the impossible? It could be the copious amounts of codeine mixed with alcohol distorting my brain who knows. I have done some mad retrofits in the past like memory seats, columns, mirrors etc so not a stranger to pulling wires and taking stuff apart.

I'd like to retrofit the Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSM) and the Lane Departure Warning System. (LDWS) Not that I need it but more the fact it's missing both of those in my car.

I know I'd need to replace the cluster switch in it's entirety and also add the extra sensors on the windscreen/shield, both LH and RH exterior mirror glass and both BSM control modules

My car already has TCS, TPMS, i-stop and AFS so with the BSM and LDWS buttons the cluster switch would be fully populated which would be pretty neat.

I have a feeling some of the wiring might already be there. When I fixed my front door speakers a few months back I noticed a spare connector in both front doors. Would this be for the BSM or would this be for electrochroamatic mirror glass? (see picture below)

The car is a 2014 (oct) UK spec SportNAV. I think it's the same or very similar spec to the US GT.

If anyone has any insight into any of this it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah excellent. I've bought the Forscan ELM adapter a while ago and installed the software in Win on my Mac and all is connecting up well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, I'll have a look and see what I can find there. I take it the 3ers are similar to the 6 in that respect?

Think mine is equivalent to the US GT as it has everything else. I couldn't find a higher specced 6 when I was buying.

Thank F... mine has AFS from factory as that would be a twunt to retrofit.... 🤣

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, you cant ADD AFS, but you can disable it.
I’ve not even driven my car at night since I got it so yet to find out how good or annoying the AFS is.

Got another 5 weeks from today before I can drive the thing again. Even Netflix has been exhausted.... 🥱💩

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Touring
18 Posts
Pulling my hair out as I'm recovering from double hernia surgery last Tuesday. I'm only in week 1 out of 6 weeks recovery. Can't lift, drive or work so I'm trying to get myself familiar with the 6's wiring diagrams whilst I'm an invalid...

Plenty of time to read but am I thinking the impossible? It could be the copious amounts of codeine mixed with alcohol distorting my brain who knows. I have done some mad retrofits in the past like memory seats, columns, mirrors etc so not a stranger to pulling wires and taking stuff apart.

I'd like to retrofit the Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSM) and the Lane Departure Warning System. (LDWS) Not that I need it but more the fact it's missing both of those in my car.

I know I'd need to replace the cluster switch in it's entirety and also add the extra sensors on the windscreen/shield, both LH and RH exterior mirror glass and both BSM control modules

My car already has TCS, TPMS, i-stop and AFS so with the BSM and LDWS buttons the cluster switch would be fully populated which would be pretty neat.

I have a feeling some of the wiring might already be there. When I fixed my front door speakers a few months back I noticed a spare connector in both front doors. Would this be for the BSM or would this be for electrochroamatic mirror glass? (see picture below)

The car is a 2014 (oct) UK spec SportNAV. I think it's the same or very similar spec to the US GT.

If anyone has any insight into any of this it would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure what the plugs are but I am pretty sure they are not for the BSM because I do have BSM and mine has those empty plugs too.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah that’s annoying. Wonder if they’re just for electrochromatic mirrors then.

How many wires has the ‘normal’ plug on yours?

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Touring
18 Posts
Ah that’s annoying. Wonder if they’re just for electrochromatic mirrors then.

How many wires has the ‘normal’ plug on yours?
Honestly I am not sure. I just remembered that the plug was there when I saw you post it lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts