Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
safe to assume this can be shared between the speed3 and 6..
f2 with ptp windage tray..

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
yep he said it

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I am new to having the BSD with this engine. Is it normal for there to be a rather noticeable drone once above 3500 rpms or so? I also have the turbine tech. front engine mount. I don't notice much difference at idle but in the upper rpms the engine definitely is louder. If you have the BSD I would love to hear details :)

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
Your noise, especially in that specific RPM range, is from the motor mount. My BSD engine is quiet and smooth. Been 30k with the BSD now. That mount adds a few vibes not normally there. Far less that the AWR's though.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
QUOTE (jmhinkle @ Jan 31 2010, 09:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633755
Your noise, especially in that specific RPM range, is from the motor mount. My BSD engine is quiet and smooth. Been 30k with the BSD now. That mount adds a few vibes not normally there. Far less that the AWR's though.[/b]
Hmmm that worries me a little then because all of my mounts are the same including the front mount, as they were before with the old stock engine. Now I have the new rebuilt engine that has the BSD. So the noise/drone would be coming from something else? Or are you saying that the vibrations that the balance shafts used to cancel out are simply now being picked up as a result of my having the additional mount?

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
Sorry, the mount is amplifying the few additional vibes of the BSD. Without that mount, you can't tell a difference in the motor with or without balance shafts. Dustin filmed a glass of water on his dash before and after we did his BSD. No change at all.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
QUOTE (jmhinkle @ Jan 31 2010, 10:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633766
Sorry, the mount is amplifying the few additional vibes of the BSD. Without that mount, you can't tell a difference in the motor with or without balance shafts. Dustin filmed a glass of water on his dash before and after we did his BSD. No change at all.[/b]
Ah ok thanks! I'm just a little paranoid. I just got the new engine installed and there is only 250 miles on it so I was hoping that was a normal factor with the BSD. I'll have to see if it drives me nuts on road trips! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts